x

Can I do a custom donation amount option on my Square Online store?

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Why isn't the "Custom Amount" Option Visible?]

One of my donation items offers set amounts as well as a "Custom Amount" option in my dashboard, but on my live site, "Custom Amount" isn't visible. Why?

Live site:

https://taborfriends.square.site/product/support-summer-concerts-/22?cp=true&sa=true&sbp=false&q=fal...

Message 1 of 15
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @TaborFriends!

Welcome to the Seller Community, and thanks for posting!

Take a look at this Support Center article on how to enable custom donation amounts using the Square Online Store. I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any questions about this! 

Update: You might also be interested in Square Checkout links to quickly set up a payment link that you can share with donors or customers. Note: You are required to set an amount for Square Checkout links.

๏œ๏ธ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @TaborFriends!

Welcome to the Seller Community, and thanks for posting!

Take a look at this Support Center article on how to enable custom donation amounts using the Square Online Store. I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any questions about this! 

Update: You might also be interested in Square Checkout links to quickly set up a payment link that you can share with donors or customers. Note: You are required to set an amount for Square Checkout links.

๏œ๏ธ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 2 of 15

hello how do I make a donation page?

Message 3 of 15

Greetings,

I created a link today for people to donate, but now I can't figure out for the life of me how I did it! The link looks like this: checkout.square.site/pay and then our unique identifier after that. How did I do that?? I can't find the option to create those kind of links anywhere now...

Message 4 of 15
Alumni

Hey @twieler0513

My friend @Isabelle_ can show you. Click the link provided in her post above. 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 15

Thanks for the reply @JustinC , but it's not quite what I'm looking for. We're a church, and don't have/need an online store. Somehow, I managed to create this link:

https://checkout.square.site/pay/a38507b3849c40fba5e33513313290a1

It's GREAT, I love it, but now I was trying to find the page where I created that link, and I can't find it anywhere.

Sorry if I'm not supposed to post that link, but I needed to show you what I'm talking about.

Message 6 of 15
Alumni

@twieler0513 -

Ah, I see! Apologies for misunderstanding your initial post and you're totally fine to post that link - it helped! 

Checkout links are found under the Online Checkout section the Dashboard's home page. I hope I'm on target ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

Justin
Message 7 of 15

Thanks @JustinC, that was exactly what I needed!

Message 8 of 15
Alumni

Awesome! Glad to help ๐Ÿ™‚

@twieler0513

Justin
Message 9 of 15

How did you do it?!!

Message 10 of 15
Alumni

Hey @ScottyT - did you check out he link above that @isabelle posted? It takes you to an article that explains how to set it up donations.

Justin
Message 11 of 15

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Using Square for NON PROFIT Step Up 4 Kidz Foundation

We are using this system for our online database to accept donations. We will be establishing a division to ensure the quality and service standards of our other divisions. Does anyone have any suggestions that could help? Square's non profit usage percentages? Is anyone else doing non profit with square?

For information you can see us here, and let us know any feedback. We love real time feedback to help us grow efficiently. 

Step Up 4 Kidz Foundation

stepup4kidz.ca

Thank you 

Message 12 of 15
Alumni

Hello @stepup4kidz - I just looked at your site and I want to commend you on the amazing things you're doing for underprivileged youth. Pioneers like you constantly move the needle forward! Glad to hear you chose Square to help make a difference.

Square offers the same low percentage fees for non profits. You can find a full breakdown of Squareโ€™s fees in our Support Center. 

As for accepting donations, I moved you to a thread where @isabelle includes a link to get started up top.

Justin
Message 13 of 15

Thank you VERY much. Everyone at Step Up 4 Kidz is grateful for your guys support and friendly help. 

we look forward to utilizing your services. 

Message 14 of 15
Alumni

Sounds good! Let us know if you need anything else! @stepup4kidz

Justin
Message 15 of 15