x

Can I have my assigned categories visible on the website for each item?

I have a large number of items with several categories assigned to them. In many cases it would be useful for my customers to know that an item is within a certain category (eg. knowing the release date of the product can help them find images and photos of the product being used). Is there a way of doing this?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Admin

Hey @CraftyDaysIn,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community ๐Ÿ‘‹

If you're looking to add categories to your website as navigation links, check here for a guide on doing this! Is this the kind of thing you were looking for? 

If so then give it a shot and let me know if you have any questions ๐Ÿ™‚

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 6

No, I have categories applied. I want my customers to be able to see which categories the items are in from the item screen. So when they are looking to purchase the item they can see all the categories it fits into.

Message 3 of 6
Admin

Hey you @CraftyDaysIn,

I recommend following the steps in this post to switch to the Retail template in Square Online - I just tested this and it gave the category info on the item listing page when I changed from the Restaurant to the Retail template, eg Category > Item:

This will hopefully do the trick!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 4 of 6

Thanks for helping with this ๐Ÿ™‚ 

I am in retail - so mine shows that bit at the top with one category. but what I want is a list displaying ALL the categories. So I have items that are displayed in a number of catalogues that my customers have and I want them to be able to see which catalogues they were in as well as what type of item it is. 

Message 5 of 6
Admin

Hmmm, I'm not too sure this is doable @CraftyDaysIn - I'm not aware if it is or not and can't think of a way to get it going!

It might also be worth checking with support on 1800 760 137 (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm Melbourne time) though!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 6 of 6