x

Can I have two separate Square Online sites under one Square account?

The title of this post has been edited by a moderator from its original: "Two websites"

I have been in business for 20 years and didn’t need to ever have an online business. Now I do.

The issue is that I have two different businesses; one is art gallery and the other is hand made upcycled products. Both have separate websites but do not support online selling.  It is very archaic. But so am I- old dog, new tricks.

Under my Square online website can I have two websites”Art Gallery“ and “Upcycled”. They both have their own Domain names through Go Daddy. Or do I have to figure out how to mesh the both... but it would make little sense. 

All sales would go through one place and go into same bank

thanks!  
CAM

Message 1 of 13
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hello @Amotmfa- Welcome to the world of Square Online. It can definitely be tricky, so don't worry- it's not just you!

Unfortunately there's not a way to keep two separate Stores under one Square account. If you want to have two online sites for two separate businesses, you'll need to create two Square accounts and house each store under each account.

Sorry it's not the easiest way. But please let us know if you have other questions about it.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Admin

Best Answer

Hello @Amotmfa- Welcome to the world of Square Online. It can definitely be tricky, so don't worry- it's not just you!

Unfortunately there's not a way to keep two separate Stores under one Square account. If you want to have two online sites for two separate businesses, you'll need to create two Square accounts and house each store under each account.

Sorry it's not the easiest way. But please let us know if you have other questions about it.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 2 of 13

Can you tell me how that is done?  

Do I sign up with another account  like I did before and just use the same banking instructions?

Direct me to a place with instructions.
Does it cost more?  

thanks

Message 3 of 13
Square Community Moderator

Hey! I'm stepping in for Nika here. You are correct, you will sign up for another account just like you did with your current one. You can use the same bank information as well, but the email addresses will need to be different. Also, there is no additional cost for having more than one account. A lot of sellers will do this if they have two completely separate businesses. 

If you want some steps toward creating another account, you can check out the details here

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 13

Is it possible to use the same hardware for two different accounts?  I have a retail store/ cafe with a square terminal and printer with square stand and ipad.  Can I use that hardware with a second account for my summer cottage rentals?  

Message 5 of 13
Alumni

Sure thing, @CarolR!

You'll just need to make sure that you are logged into the account related to the business you would like to accept payments for when switching from the cafe to the cottage rental business ️ The readers don't actually have any account information tied to them - the app is the brains of the operation. 

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Message 6 of 13

But the 2nd site must have a different email address? Can it still use the same bank account??

Message 7 of 13

Above it was explained  If you want to have two online sites for two separate businesses, you'll need to create two Square accounts and house each store under each account.  That will take two different email addresses. You can use the same bank information.  

You can use the same hardware, but you have to log out of one square account, and log into your other.  They can't both be open at the same time.

Message 8 of 13

I have a question relating to your above statement.

I recently set up a second Square account. I am in charge of 2 seperate small businesses. I have the 2 accounts and 1 bank. Will I see 2 different looking names in the bank? Will I know what money came from what spot? Will nick naming the 2 accounts help?

Thank you

Liz

Message 9 of 13

Hi @Liz7 thanks for reaching out and great question!

You will most likely see two different transfers in your linked bank account if you have created different names for each of your Square accounts. However, you can help to differentiate the transfers further by adding a Transfer Tag to each account's location settings.

To do this, see below:

1. From your online Dashboard go to Account & Settings > Business > Locations
2. Select your location you want to edit > scroll down to the bottom of the Location Details page to where is says Bank Information > add your Transfer Tag.
3. Click Save to finish.

Do this for both accounts to keep tracking your transfers easier moving forward.

Let me know if you have further questions here!

Laurie
Community Moderator, Australia, Square
Message 10 of 13

I wish we could log onto our Square account, and then toggle back and forth between each square account without logging off and having to sign in again to the second account.   Kind of like how I can log into my bank online, and then choose "chequing" or "savings" in the same account.  I'd love to be able to click "cafe" or "cottages" in square fast and easy.  That way if a customer came in to the cafe, and I was finishing on the phone with a customer for our cottages, I could quickly toggle back to cafe and take the customer's order.  If that makes sense.

Message 11 of 13

Hey @Amotmfa & @CarolR,

Thank you both for being members of the Community.

@Amotmfa Yes, each individual site needs a paid site plan to have a custom domain. You can learn about managing multiple sites here.

@CarolR, Square offers free multi-location management features so that you can manage multiple locations under one account. Check out this article for more information.

I hope this information helps. If you have any more questions let me know.

Message 12 of 13

does that mean two domain names and two charges for using my business names

Message 13 of 13