x

Selling digital files that are automatically emailed to purchaser.

Selling digital files that are automatically emailed to purchaser.

I would like to see a feature on square.

I would like to sell downloadable digital files, where an automated email goes out with the file link right after check out.  I would be able to have one more way to have sales in my business.  I am a hypnotist and don't have a way to sell digital files through my website.  I don’t know how to sell digital files through square.  

286 Comments

Nothing yet, I think I'm going to have to move my store over to another site... It seems counterproductive to have an online store for digital downloads that I have to email out myself.

@Cheer-Haven I hope you find a solution as well... I was really enjoying the ease of my weebly site too ... 😞

I'm with you... If this doesn't get priority soon, I will have to make a change aswell.

Do love Weebly but its just not working out for my digital downloads:(

Square Community Moderator

We appreciate your sincerity here, @Cheer-Haven. We likewise appreciate you adding your voice and context to your business on how this feature specifically would help in the long run. I am going to go ahead and tag our Product Teams here for visibility.

We look to have a positive update to share soon. Thanks for your continued patience!

So Joe,

My question is WHY the Product Team was not tagged in the first place with something this important to your customers???

I am so sick of this. 

Hi @biglizconjure - our Product Teams actively monitor Feature Request threads every week to insure that are staying up to date with Seller requests and suggestions. My comments concerning tagging were simply to confirm that we have visibility on it. 

We field thousands of feature requests each week here on the Seller Community, and bringing these features to fruition often takes an ample amount of time and effort from our engineers. We want to ensure that our releases are not just surface level products, but the best all-around resources to help you grow your business.

These requests also span an array of different aspects of our products; some are more major, while some are periphery features. Our Product Teams do have a road-map for future additions to our offering, but the nature of our work includes trial, error, and set-backs. So sharing a timeline would be far from accurate and more than likely cause more confusion and angst. 

Hi Joe,

As an IT professional, I understand what you are saying, but you did not answer my question. This should have been a MAJOR priority, and this as been requested for YEARS. My question is why is this being treated like an afterthought when you are losing customers because of it!

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Downloadable files

Can I use the online store facility to sell a non-physical product such as a downloadable file?

Hi @biglizconjure - thanks for reaching out. I am not a developer or an engineer, meaning that I do not personally make decisions as to which Feature Requests are implemented and which are not. But as an IT professional myself, I can only infer that the need for development in other areas has been more highly requested for engineering production - a basic course of action for technical companies and services.

I recommend you read this helpful resource concerning how Feature Requests are developed by our teams. It will help provide some context.

Hi @SarahH1,

Absolutely, you will just need to fulfill the item after purchase by sending the file to the purchaser.

@mattd  send as an after file is not an option. It means I still have to manually traffic my business. I need the client to be able to pay & download from a file that I've uploaded. I have this currently but it's via a 3-way sell as I have to upload to my website (which also doesn't support it) and link it to Shopify for the sale to go through. It works well but it's a long winded process and costing me double. I was hoping that SQUARE would be a one-stop shop for me.