x

Selling digital files that are automatically emailed to purchaser.

Selling digital files that are automatically emailed to purchaser.

I would like to see a feature on square.

I would like to sell downloadable digital files, where an automated email goes out with the file link right after check out.  I would be able to have one more way to have sales in my business.  I am a hypnotist and don't have a way to sell digital files through my website.  I don’t know how to sell digital files through square.  

286 Comments

I found a solution.

I created a Zap using Zapier that connects from Square to my Email CRM. (I'm using ontraport but I'm guessing that any of them will work ... activecampaign, mailchimp etc)

When a transaction occurs in Square, it sends data to the CRM to create or update a contact. I tag the contact with the item purchased. It either creates a new contact or updates and existing one.

Then in the CRM when that tag is created it automatically sends out the boilerplate email with the appropriate info.

Admin

Thank you for sharing this @Tgravlin!

I’m also needing to sell a pdf file that the customer can download upon purchase and automate the process. Instead of me having to manually email a file to customers.

When is this feature going to be available?

I have read through the whole thread and I see many unsatisfied Square sellers.

Most sales platforms have this feature. Why is Square behind on this? Especially, during a time when people are creating and selling digital content.

The digital sale needs to be automated and direct. So customers can pay and download right in the Square store, as soon as they purchase the file. We shouldn’t have to manually send an email for buyers to download a file.

I rather not have to use my Etsy account.

Square/Weebly, make this happen quickly. You will lose seller accounts’ business, if you don’t expedite this feature.

Is there a way to trigger a Zap when there's a purchase specifically for the digital item you are selling? I was only able to find "trigger when any transaction occurs" as a  trigger event, which doesn't help since I need it for just the specific item I'm selling digitally.

It is insane to me that in 2020, we would be expected to MANUALLY SEND digital files to individual customers. This does not seem efficient in any way, shape, or form, and I'm curious when an update will occur because I will not be recommending this platform to anyone if this doesn't get remedied soon.

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Digital File Upload Option?

Do you have any plans to make it so that sellers do not need to manually send an email to someone purchasing a digital item from the store? This seems incredibly cumbersome and outdated for a company in the 21st century. How is this not something that can be automated yet?

Alumni

I've moved your post over to this thread where others have asked about selling digital files through the Square Online Store, @emmyshanley. At this time, the process has not been automated, but there are a few suggestions from others throughout this thread.

Namely, @mattd mentioned that - if you are selling the same one digital item on your website, you can customize your store email to include a link to the item there. Also, @Tgravlin dropped by last week to provide the tip just above, which it looks like you found!

Hopefully something within this thread gets you to where you'd like to be! Otherwise, stay subscribed to this thread to be notified if we post an update about any changes to this here.

Unfortunately none of their posts help since the automated options they mention would trigger for ALL purchases, not just the one I’m selling. I sell many physical items in my store. This would be the first digital item. I don’t want ALL of my customers to receive this automated email containing the digital file, just the customers who bought the specific item.  Please advise.

Hello everyone, I am an executive career coach and certified résumé writing who is interested in setting up online courses on Thinkific. I have video and audio recordings that accompany PPT presentations and worksheets ready to go. Has anyone used Thinkific or a similar tool? I am anxious to start making my courses available. Your recommendations and tips are appreciated. 

Anne-Marie Ditta

First Impression Career Services, LLC

https://firstimpressioncareerservice.com/

Would there be any capability to integrate with FetchApp? They seem to integrate with a lot of other commerce website and have an API. Unfortunately I don't have the developer knowledge to know whether this would be an option but I agree with the others. Manually managing the sending of files is very challenging.