x

Shipping for Square Invoices

The title of this thread has been edited by a Square Moderator from the original: "THERE IS NO SHIPPING Service FOR INVOICES"

Please do not waste your time with all the Shipping Nonsense ,     This is only for On LINE STORES .

If you send an invoice out to your client and they pay, there is no way to ship , 

There is no work around,     There is no direct answer from Square ,  Its is for NULL AN VOID.

I have spent countless hours, please do not waste your time

The PLUS program also is not going to help you with the Shipping . 

Please do not waste your money on that. 

So you cannot use any Shipping Service such as Shippo .

You cannot mark  your invoice as shipped .      

This has been very Frustrating for many as well as the hoops we have been asked to try.   

Message 1 of 240
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Hi @phantomrain @LizS1 @DLRosenberg Appreciate all the insights. We have recently launched invoices x shipping. The option to create an Order for shipping is now an option when you are creating an Invoice. You can still request a buyer's shipping address like before. Once an invoice is paid, you can purchase a shipping label through Square, or add a manual tracking number. Check out https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/8080-set-up-shipping-for-square-invoices?utm_medium=web&utm_... to learn more! Thanks so much.

View Best Answer >

Message 10 of 240
239 REPLIES 239
Beta Member

Hi - since July 2020, shipping charges applied to online sales have been showing up in Reports as a Service Charge (previously showed up as Uncategorized/custom amount). However, when I add shipping charges to an Invoice, I have to add it as a line item which sends it into the Uncategorized category..... so it is not being included in Service Charges. Is there a way to set up shipping charges on an invoice that sends it into Service Charges in reports? I'd like all my shipping charges to show up in one place.

Thx! 

Message 232 of 240
Alumni

This would be considered a feature request, as our teams would need to implement an official way to add a real "shipping charge" to Square Invoices in order to support accurate reporting of those charges. As of now, you are using a workaround that requires you to add a "shipping charge" as a line item by inputting it as a custom amount, which as you stated will be recognized by our system as Uncategorized.

What I would recommend in the meantime is to create a variably-priced item titled Shipping fee (or something to that effect). This way, you can still add a unique shipping charge for each sale - I assume this is why you are using custom amounts right now. If you charge shipping this way for invoices, you'll be able to view all shipping charges related to invoices by heading to your Item Sales report.

Let me know if questions come up about this, or if you'd like step-by-step instructions for this, @safsac

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 233 of 240

Hello. I'm hoping we have updates on this issue. I love square but I am currently sending invoices through PayPal due to the shipping field not being present in Square Invoices. Thanks

Message 234 of 240
Square Community Moderator

Thank you for taking the time to share your interest in this feature @cindysmith9999 I recommend you submit a Feature Request here. This will help our product team get visibility and track other Sellers' interest in your request.

Important: When submitting a request, make sure to include the desired feature, and provide the details of how this feature will help your business succeed (how would you use it and what you expect from it).

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 235 of 240

I am new to Square and I am still trying to get all set up. I use this for my Mary Kay business and I have customers all over the country. I am trying to figure out how to charge shipping when I invoice my customers that live outside of my area. I use priority shipping through USPS. Do I just need to create an item for each size box I use with the cost of the box? Help!

Message 236 of 240
Super Seller Alumni

You can do that or just create an item called shipping and leave the amount blank.  Then you can enter the amount at the time of sale when you select the item.

Message 237 of 240

Hi @MK_Molly17

Did the workaround suggested by @RHatch help?

That's the most common solution that I've seen sellers use, so let us know if it works for you or if you come up with something different. 

Message 238 of 240

It worked out well. I was able to just input the different types of boxes and envelopes I use with the prices. 

Message 239 of 240

Glad to hear it @MK_Molly17

Hopefully we can get an easier shipping solution for sellers in the near future. 

If anything changes we'll post an update 👍🏼

Message 240 of 240