x

Can you copy your website to a new square account?

I started my website last year when my ABN was set up as a sole trader. For the new financial year I changed my ABN to a partnership however my square account won't allow me to change my ABN. So I have to copy all my old data from the old square account to a new square account so it has the right ABN. Stupid, I know. But is there a way to copy or link all the website data from my old account to a new account? Otherwise I'll have to manually re-upload hundreds of SKUs which I'm not excited about doing!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Square Community Moderator

@BarrowbyGreen Welcome to the Seller Community! 

Your questions is much appreciated. Right now, you would have to start your website over when you create a new one. 

Being able to copy everything would be an excellent Feature Request for our Product Team and I would be happy to get this over to them. 

If you have Square Sync turned on you can still link everything from your Dashboard, if needed. 

Thank you for reaching out about this! 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 10

Hi Kassi_,

just wondering if the Product Team has come up with a solution for this problem yet?. As i too have the same issue!

Message 3 of 10

Welcome to the Community, @Jazza

I don't have an update for this Feature Request at this time, but I do appreciate you adding your voice to the Feature Request. 

Once more information is available, one of our Community Moderators will post a Product Update making the announcement. 

Thank you!

Kassi
Message 4 of 10

I asked about this by phone, but hd to start over, too.

Message 5 of 10

Asking same question - I am creating additional website and want the same look- trying to save time.. Why isnt this a feature yet? Let me know- Thanks! Timothy

Message 6 of 10

I would also like to be able to clone a website to save setting it all up again!

Message 7 of 10

Hey @Kreationz 👋

Site cloning sounds like an amazing Feature Request!  I recommend you submit one here. This will help our product team get visibility and track other Sellers' interest in your request. 

Important: When submitting a request, make sure to include the desired feature, and provide the details of how this feature will help your business succeed (how would you use it and what you expect from it).

JJ
Message 8 of 10
Beta Member

In case you are looking for this feature, as I was, this has now been implemented. Top right of your page, click your site name and then scroll down to duplicate site!

Message 9 of 10

Thanks so much for letting us know! 

Been needing this awhile- 

Thanks to Square for listening!
We appreciate this!!!!! Timothy

Message 10 of 10