x

Can you set-up a minimum order qty on one item only?

Can you set-up a minimum order qty on one item only? I have several items in my store but only one that i need a minimum on. 

Message 1 of 31
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Hi hi @bigwhoopbakesho - and welcome to the Seller Community! 🧁

This would be considered a feature request at this time. Currently, the only way to set a minimum order amount is within your Pickup & Delivery settings via your Square Online Dashboard, and the minimum amount is for the order as a whole rather than applicable to specific items.

What would this feature be useful to your business for? We love specific examples when folks request new features here!

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
Alumni

Best Answer

Hi hi @bigwhoopbakesho - and welcome to the Seller Community! 🧁

This would be considered a feature request at this time. Currently, the only way to set a minimum order amount is within your Pickup & Delivery settings via your Square Online Dashboard, and the minimum amount is for the order as a whole rather than applicable to specific items.

What would this feature be useful to your business for? We love specific examples when folks request new features here!

Valentina
Message 2 of 31
Beta Member

This needs to be a feature for those of us who have low price point items and ship our goods.

Message 3 of 31
Beta Member

We have some complex needs that aren't being met by Square and I hope to see some product improvements in the future. For example, we have a bakery & cafe and would like to be able to offer specific sandwiches as pre-order for volume orders. Given the prep time on specific items (sandwich bread made in house for example), an order of 10 or more sandwiches could wipe out our inventory if we didn't have a 2 day advanced notice. Therefore, we can't allow anyone to come into the cafe and buy in larger quantities right now. Is this something that is available now and I just can't figure out how to make it happen or it's a feature you are working towards?

Message 4 of 31
Square Community Moderator

Hi! Thanks for sharing your feedback on our pre order system. We are always tracking feedback on this, but don't have a timeline for when this specific request will be worked on or released. We do our best to release as many features as possible and will share our release nots in our Product Updates page (where you can subscribe for alerts as well). 

AshleyK
Message 5 of 31

I would use this feature for event tickets. One price for single tickets up to 7 and then a reduced priced for 8 or more. 

Message 6 of 31

Thanks for sharing your feedback, @patti4801 

I believe this particular feature is on the roadmap. I don't have an exact date to provide at this moment, but will make sure to update this thread once I have more information to share. 😊

P.S. Welcome to the Seller Community! 🎉

Message 7 of 31

Valentina,

I was just searching to see if there was a quantity option when I came across your answer. A specific example would be I own a bake shop and my smallest packaging for cupcakes is 6. So the quantity feature would allow me to ensure my customers put multiples of 6 in their cart before checking out. As much as I would love to be able to sell individual cupcakes or even, 2 or 4 packs at this time its not financially feasable to have to invest in 4-5 different boxes for packaging these smaller quantities. While setting the pickup price will work, my 6 packs are $18, it isn't foolproof. A customer could still add 7 cupcakes, hit the pickup minimum and I am still left with figuring out how to package that 7th lonely cupcake. 

Message 8 of 31
Beta Member

Valentina,

this option wouldn’t work for us unfortunately. We would need to have minimums set by product. 

Message 9 of 31

Where does this option live now?  Having trouble finding it...

Message 10 of 31
Alumni

It is still not possible to set a minimum order quantity on one item, @pmarsland.

Are you trying to set a minimum amount for the order as a whole?

Valentina
Message 11 of 31
Beta Member

I would also like to see this as a feature. We are a restaurant and have meats that we would like to require a minimum quantity for. So for example, if we sell a prime rib, we want to list how much it is per pound, but require a person to order a minimum of 4 pounds, and even better, have the option to add additional single pounds over the minimum amount (So, someone would NOT be able to order 2 pounds of prime rib, but COULD order 5 pounds by ordering the minimum 4 pounds, plus have a modifier for additional single pounds). Hope that makes sense?

Message 12 of 31
Beta Member

Is it possible to set a minimum order amount per item in the Online Store? We sell our product by the pound, and many packages are over 1 pound. It would be helpful to us and our customers to have the ability to set a minimum amount per item. 

For instance, some of our packages are 3 pounds or more. We would like to set an order minimum of 3 for that particular item, instead of 1. 

I appreciate your help. Thanks! 

Message 13 of 31

Hello again @NLF!

I moved this post as well to an existing feature request thread for this where @bigwhoopbakesho had the same question.

Check out @Valentina's Best Answer above.

Ashley C
Message 14 of 31

Is there a way to set a minimum number for someone to order an item?

Message 15 of 31

Hey @c3t20b2 and welcome to the Community.

I moved your post to a thread where this question has been answered already for another seller.

Check out the Best Answer by @Valentina above for details. 

In the future, don't hesitate to search your question first here or on the Support Center for your quickest answer too!

Ashley C
Message 16 of 31

Their answer talks about minimum money. Im looking for minimum quantity. I run a Hatchery and would like to have minimum quantity of 6 chicks in order for them to place an order. Our prices vary so the answer does not necessarily help.

Message 17 of 31

The minimum dollar amount will not work for me. I need to have a minimum qty on one item in my store which is only made when an order comes in. The rest of the items are stock. 

Message 18 of 31

I also need to have it set as a minimum order quantity per item as we sell Macarons and some orders come in that have a 12 different flavors for 12 cookies and it is not possibly to make 1 flavor for 1 cookie and not waste a lot of ingredients. Need this implemented ASAP

Message 19 of 31

Thanks for sharing your feedback, @MAKMacarons 

Can you walk me through what you mean when you say "12 cookies with 12 different flavors"? Is this 12 individual items a customer is adding to the cart, or is it a single item with options to customize? 

Message 20 of 31
Super Seller

Would really like this feature added!

Adding our use case for this thread: We have a lot of smaller, low price items in our store that we would like to be 'add on' items when shipping. So they could not be purchased individually, but rather in addition to other items. This could be accomplished a few ways: minimum order value met before add on item can check out (this would be preferred in case the customer orders say 20 of the add on items that get them to the value threshold instead of making it reliant on shipping with another item);
OR the total shipping weight (or shipping charge) has to be met for the add on item to be allowed to check out; 
OR the item quantity in the cart could need to be a certain value before the add on item can be added (least preferred since our items vary so much in both size and price) 

Andrea with Kei Collective - an artist collective with a shop in Phoenix, AZ

We're a Square Super Seller - We're here to help!
Message 21 of 31