x

Changing from personal email to business email address?

I set my square account up with my personal email to see how it all worked. Now that website is published and ready to go, I would now like to switch to my business email and can't find the option. I have changed email addresses in every place I can find and published again but the receipts still are generated from my personal email.  Is there some default somewhere??  I've wasted so much time on this...

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Admin

Hi @StGeorgeDinner-

Yes! You can edit Your Email:

1. Visit Account & Settings in your online Square Dashboard.
  2. Under Basic Information, click Change next to the current email address.
  3. If you already have 2-Step Verification enabled, enter and confirm the new email address you’d like to associate with your Square account > Change.
  4. If you’re not already using 2-Step Verification, select whether you’d like a verification code sent to the current email address or your mobile phone number > Next.
  5. Enter the verification code > Submit.

Does that work? Let me know! 💡

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 2 of 11

That didn't work but thank you for reaching out.  I changed to the business email in accounts settings and when I send a test order, the reply back is the business email address but the actual order goes to the personal account.  This is a monthly dinner so we need food orders to arrive at the correct email address so we don't miss them.

Message 3 of 11
Admin

Hey @StGeorgeDinner-

What do you see below?

Let me know! I want to make sure we get this figured out. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 4 of 11

Thank you so much for your reply - in that section, it says the business email - the correct one I want to be using...  I can't figure out where the personal email could be hiding...

Message 5 of 11
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @StGeorgeDinner 👋 I can step in for Isabelle on this one. So sorry that this issue is continuing for you. Would you mind also checking to make sure the correct email is listed within your Location settings from the Online Dashboard? Even if you only have one location, these settings can sometimes reflect incorrect information that reflects on receipts and transactions.

If that doesn't get the issue resolved, we would recommend flagging this over to our Support Team directly. They can take a deeper dive with you to see where the issue lays. 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 11

I am also having trouble with this.

I found my personal email address hiding under the account settings for "weebly online site" , if I attempt to login solely through Weebly it takes me to the attached Square site - it is greyed out and does not allow me to change it.

Everywhere else in Square I have been able to change it to my business email address - however all the orders keeping filtering into my personal email address ! SUPER ANNOYING - HELPPPP

Message 7 of 11

Hi there, @SS1987 👋 Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community!

If you've walked through the steps pointed in Isabelle's Best Answer from above and are still eperiencing issues, we recommend flagging this over to our Support Team directly. They can take a deep dive with you and see what is causing the issue.

We will keep an eye out for your contact!

Joe
Message 8 of 11

Ok - can you please flag this.

I have pointed out my exact problem - require help ASAP resolving this.

Thank you.

Message 9 of 11

Thanks for the quick reply, @SS1987 - we cannot escalate account specific cases here from the Seller Community. You can reach out to our Support Team here.

Joe
Message 10 of 11

For reference again:

I found my personal email address hiding under the account settings for "weebly online site" , if I attempt to login solely through Weebly it takes me to the attached Square site - it is greyed out and does not allow me to change it.

Message 11 of 11