x

Copy modifier list

Is there any way to copy or duplicate a modifier list? I have looked in the pos, the square online utility, and the square dashboard. I could not find a way to duplicate them. Thanks.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Alumni

Hmm, I don't think doable. Mind sharing context behind why you need a feature like this? Are you trying to apply your modifier list to other items? @Mayasand

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 10

@JustinC 
As a small coffee shop, we have about 50 different syrups from which a customer could choose for their drinks.  However the modifier price is not the same across all drink types.  We offer lattés, frappés, Italian Cream Sodas, steamers, etc.  Each different type of drink has differing amount of syrup to make the drink.  So the modifier price is different based on which drink type the customer chooses.  However, each type of drink can be made with any of the syrups.  I find i am having to retype this 50 item list a number of times.  I would rather copy the list and then edit the prices.

Message 3 of 10
Alumni

@Mayasand

Ah I see. After digging my demo account a bit deeper, Click the item to edit > Scroll down to Manage Modifiers > Hit the three dots next to the modifier set you want to copy >  Duplicate.

You'll see a message asking if you want to make changes before saving. At that point, edit the prices then Save

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 10

Hi Justin, I looked everywhere in my modifier section of my square online account and I do not see this option. Is this only for online stores? if so, can I trick the system to duplicate my modifiers there and have it show up in my account?

thanks

Message 5 of 10

For anyone that is interested.. if you ever want to duplicate a modifier (because you have really large modifiers like me) here is a trick I used.

You have to create an "online store". You click "online" which will prompt you to create an online store.

One you have create your online store go to an item that contains the modifier you want to duplicate ---> scroll down and click "Manage modifiers" click the 3 dots next to the modifier and "Duplicate" it.

Name it and wait like 2 minutes for it to sync with your square account. Go back to your square account and you will find it there.

Why the ef square doesn't allow you to duplicate it from your master account is beyond me.

Message 6 of 10

For anyone that is interested.. if you ever want to duplicate a modifier (because you have really large modifiers like me) here is a trick I used.

You have to create an "online store". You click "online" which will prompt you to create an online store.

One you have create your online store go to an item that contains the modifier you want to duplicate ---> scroll down and click "Manage modifiers" click the 3 dots next to the modifier and "Duplicate" it.

Name it and wait like 2 minutes for it to sync with your square account. Go back to your square account and you will find it there.

Why the ef square doesn't allow you to duplicate it from your master account is beyond me.

Message 7 of 10

Extremely helpful because I was stressing trying to find this.  Thank you so much.

Message 8 of 10

THANK YOU! I have a modifier list 60 items long and was agonizing over making multiple copies of it. This worked, it just took forever for the item to sync.

Message 9 of 10
Beta Member

This workaround is no longer viable.

Please make it easy for those of us who have really long modifier lists to update them via .csv or by duplicating a modifier on Square Online and having it sync back to the Dashboard.

I have a shaved ice shop and want to sell DIY kits for pick up. Each kit comes with 3 bottles of syrup. I have 67 flavors customers can choose from. Now I have to manually type the same 67 flavors 3 times instead of typing it once, duplicating in Square Online, and re-syncing with the Dashboard. This is frustrating. It's bad enough that I can't upload modifiers vis csv and have to deal with the HORRIBLE UX of editing modifiers via Dashboard.

Message 10 of 10