x

Coupon code not working

We set up a coupon code for a sale that starts today and it isn't working. Why? When we type it in the verbage :  Code not yet available   comes up.  This is not ok 😞  My customers are emailing me asking me why the code doesn't work.  Please help me!

Message 1 of 22
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Thanks for your post and welcome to Seller Community, @Simply2.

I checked your coupons and see that you have a coupon with availability of 7/23 - 7/26, which would not have been available for use at the time you posted - it should be available now, though. The other coupons all had availability dates in the past so I assume this was the coupon you were testing. Are you still having trouble?

Adam
Seller Community, Platform

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
Admin

Best Answer

Thanks for your post and welcome to Seller Community, @Simply2.

I checked your coupons and see that you have a coupon with availability of 7/23 - 7/26, which would not have been available for use at the time you posted - it should be available now, though. The other coupons all had availability dates in the past so I assume this was the coupon you were testing. Are you still having trouble?

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 2 of 22

I set up a coupon code and it is saying that coupon is not found even though I have set it up. Please see attached photo Screen Shot 2021-06-28 at 10.51.47 AM.png

Message 3 of 22
Alumni

Did you create the discount in Dashboard/Point of Sale? If so, Dashboard discounts do not sync with Square Online and cannot be redeemable through your site. 

@Arichards1

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 22

I was able to do it with one code. But the second code is not working. 

Is there another way to do it? I’ve never had this issue. 

Message 5 of 22
Alumni

First, can you confirm if you're talking about a discount for Point of Sale or a coupon for Square Online? @Arichards1

Justin
Message 6 of 22

Coupon for square online 

Message 7 of 22
Alumni

Okay, you're not able to stack coupons for one purchase which is why the second code won't work @Arichards1

Justin
Message 8 of 22

Got it. So I can only do one at a time. Thank you so much! 

Message 9 of 22
Alumni

Yup, you got it! @Arichards1

Justin
Message 10 of 22

Hi Justin-

I just deleted the other coupon code since there can only be one. And the new one still is not working even though I deleted the other one?

Thanks!

Message 11 of 22
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Arichards1 Stepping in for @JustinC 

Can you please confirm the url of your website, and the item you are testing the coupon with? 

Message 12 of 22

Message 13 of 22

Is someone able to help me resolve this over the phone. I have an event that I need this code to work for this Saturday. 

TYia I need to get this resolved. I have never had an issue with this. 

best 

Message 14 of 22

I'm really sorry to hear the frustration regarding the turn around time through the Community. You will definitely get faster responses through the phones. You can reach out directly to Customer Success at [Redacted]. Please keep in mind, you will need a customer code to get an advocate on the phone. Here is the link to get that code: squ.re/contactsqsupport

AshleyK
Message 15 of 22

I have the same problem but my date are correct after I checked them. ?

Message 16 of 22
Alumni

That shouldn't be happening. Reach out to our CS Team so they can take a look. @summerdeanmusic

Justin
Message 17 of 22

If you want to create a discount code for your website, you need to sign in from square.online

Click Items

Click Coupons

Then go ahead to create Coupon code

Message 18 of 22

Can someone tell me how to get my coupon code to work for an online Square purchase?

Message 19 of 22

Hi @mkhawaii 👋 Welcome to the Seller Community!

Are you asking how you can use a coupon you have on a Square Online site for a purchase you want to make? Or, are you asking how to setup coupons for your own Square Online website?

Message 20 of 22

I’m trying to set up for my own website. I made a discount code and it will not work 

Message 21 of 22