x
Beta Member

Coupon codes not showing on order details

I am printing out order details for purchases that I am going to be delivering on Monday, but none of them show the coupon code applied at checkout. The code appears on the report export, and in the email confirmations I received after each order. I would think this should also appear on the order details?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square Community Moderator

Welcome to the Online Store, @marysmuffinsC -

I want to get some more information on what you're doing, so I can get an idea where you're working. 

What kind of coupon are you using? Does it apply a percentage or dollar amount? Also, is it applied to every item or specific items? 

I will keep an eye out for your reply๐Ÿ‘€

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 5
Beta Member

It is a Free shipping coupon, no value. I used it to simply indicate to me that the offer is for a free half-dozen muffins. The other coupon code options didn't give me the ability to do that. It can be applied to anything.

Message 3 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Ah I see, @marysmuffins! So it's just a free shipping coupon that is applied to all of your orders. And you're looking for that free shipping to be itemized on your Online Order details.

Are you orders marked as delivery or shipping? If they are marked as delivery, then the "free shipping" coupon wouldn't be recognized. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 5
Beta Member

The free shipping coupon is only applied to orders from customers who use that promo code. When I receive the order confirmation email, the coupon code shows up in the email. When I try to print the order from the online store, it doesn't show up. The orders are all delivery orders.

Perhaps a solution would be to give us the option of a coupon code for a "free gift" as opposed to only the two options of discount and free shipping.

Message 5 of 5