x
Beta Member

Customer are very confused by the "Pickup - Tomorrow after XX:XX pm" message

We have now had many customers send us emails because they felt they were unable to select a pickup time. This is because the cart indicates a vary vague message about timing: "Pickup - Tomorrow after 12:45 PM" which really just indicates the *first* available pickup time.

Frequently people don't realize that they need to proceed to the cart, enter their personal information *before* they can then select their actual pickup time. Here are a few potential fixes for this:

1. Remove that message from the cart

2. Provide a range rather than just the first possible time, like "Pickup - Tomorrow from XX:XX pm to XX:XX pm"

3. Allow the customer to select their pickup time right there, in the cart. They could then be provided the option to *change* it during checkout.

Message 1 of 5
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Thanks for the suggestions, @lemondogs. I don't know exactly what it will look like, but our team is revisiting that text and the cart to improve the experience for customers when they are checking out. I personally like option 3 the best, although I could see option 2 being a quicker addition.

Adam
Seller Community, Platform

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Admin

Best Answer

Thanks for the suggestions, @lemondogs. I don't know exactly what it will look like, but our team is revisiting that text and the cart to improve the experience for customers when they are checking out. I personally like option 3 the best, although I could see option 2 being a quicker addition.

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 2 of 5

Hi there, I just wanted to check in to see if there has been any progress with this feature request.  I'm in a similar boat, as I am running a one-person business, and I won't always be able to be at the pickup location- sometimes I'll need to do work offsite, spend business hours picking up materials, etc. and it's confusing for them to see "Pickup tomorrow after 9am" while I'm also listing that they need to have a confirmed pickup appointment before they can come down.

Even something as simple as allowing website-owners to choose to hide the ASAP:Earliest Ready Time option from the cart checkout page.

Thanks!

Message 3 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Carolysis Thanks for posting. We don't have any updates as of yet, but we'll post an update here as soon as we have more information. 

Message 4 of 5
Beta Member

FWIW the relatively newly implemented restaurant menu view/module for products mitigates this for us by allowing the customer to select their pickup time directly on the product catalog page rather than strictly in the cart/checkout. I realize this doesn't help those not using it for a restaurant service, but wanted to mention it for those that are.

Message 5 of 5