x
Beta Member

Different Modifiers for POS and Online

Is there a way to set a different modifier for Square online that doesn't sync back to the POS?

We are currently using square for restaurant and created a customer modifer just for the square for restaurant. However, for square online, we would like to use modifiers set up in the regular way for customers to place orders. Therefore, we are looking for a way to have different modifiers for POS and online.

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Super Seller

I'm curious to see what the great folks here come up with. I've worked to accomplish similar outcomes but keep ending up having to duplicate my menu and make one available for in-store and another available for online/app. 

Take care of yourself and, as life provides, someone else too.
Message 2 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Hello @CoCoTea,

Thanks for reaching out. Happy to assist. 

You can edit the modifiers to be different from Square Online versus Square Restaurant. You would edit the modifier set from Square Online. Square Online Dashboard > Items > Site Items > Click on your item > Modifiers > Click three dots > Customize. 

I hope that helps, if not please let me know. 

Message 3 of 5
Beta Member

@MayaP - thanks for this!
Can we please have the option to "hide this modifier" for online?  Having to check "hide" for each item to make the whole modifier disappear is...a lot.  😉

Thanks!

Message 4 of 5
Square Community Moderator

There is no way to hide modifiers online. I think this is a great suggestion, you should submit a feature request on our Ideate Board, our new process of tracking feature requests. Please let me know if you have any other questions. 

Message 5 of 5