x
Beta Member

Display some items excluding tax?

I'd like to create a trade only section to our website. For the items I display on this page, I would like to show the items without the tax and have it calculated and added at checkout?

Is this possible?

Thanks

D

Message 1 of 4
Report Inappropriate Content
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hi @Dirky, thanks for your post!

You should be able to achieve this. First, we'll need to go to Settings > Taxes. Here, you'll need to uncheck the box that said Taxes are included in item prices.

Screenshot 2021-04-01 at 11.08.17.png

Next, as you only want this to apply to certain items on the website and not all, I assume you still want items for pickup & delivery to have tax included in the item prices? If so, please make sure you've enabled Use itemised taxes for pickup & delivery orders below.

Screenshot 2021-04-01 at 11.09.41.png

To make sure these settings work as intended, you'll need to set the items in the trade only section to Shipping as their fulfilment method, and everything else to Pickup & Delivery. This will ensure only shipped items (trade only section) will have tax added to the item prices, while pickup & delivery items will have tax already included in the price.

I hope this will help!

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

Thanks very much @tranguyen , I am assuming if we do any shipping orders this will also affect them?

I wonder if a feature request to specify tax applied to categories would be a better way of doing this?

D

Message 3 of 4
Admin

That's right @Dirky, the settings will apply to any item that are meant for shipping. 

A feature request to have specific tax applied to certain categories would definitely be a more ideal way of doing it! Another way of doing this in the meantime would be to create a secondary website for just your trade items. That way, it won't affect the taxes for any other item. 

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 4 of 4