x

Do I have to put my personal address in my location?

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Address in Location]

Do I have to put my personal address in my location? I'd rather not have my customers know my exact address until their order is ready to pick up. What does  Mobile Location mean as opposed to Physical Location?

Message 1 of 20
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

I figured it out! My location address I put only the street (not house number) as I didn’t want people stopping by. 
Then I changed location from “physical” to “mobile” and that seemed to work! Now I just have the street listed as location. And I can send exact address once I have orders ready for pick up.

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

I should clarify, I have a home based business, not a store front.

Message 2 of 20

Best Answer

I figured it out! My location address I put only the street (not house number) as I didn’t want people stopping by. 
Then I changed location from “physical” to “mobile” and that seemed to work! Now I just have the street listed as location. And I can send exact address once I have orders ready for pick up.

Message 3 of 20
Admin

Hey @SFNKaren-

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community, and identifying your own solution. We really appreciate you coming back to this thread to share how you fixed this issue, as other sellers may encounter the same problem/question.

Let us know if anything else comes up! 🌟

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 4 of 20

I'm now realizing a problem with how I have set this up. While it solved my problem as to having my customers know my home address earlier than necessary, when they get their "ready for pick-up" email, there is a link to get directions that is, of course, not accurate as it's just the street name. It is taking people to a different location somewhere else in my city. How can I either add a more specific address in only the "ready for pick up" email OR take out the "get directions" link all together?

Message 5 of 20
Beta Member

On Square Online menu, Go to Settings -> Email Setup. It takes you to the STORE EMAILS page. The one you want to edit is "Order Prepared". 

Message 6 of 20

Thank you. Yes I realize where to edit these emails and I can add a header or footer message. However, what I’m wanting to do is remove the “Get Directions” link as it’s taking my customers to a wrong location and is causing confusion. (See above) Is it possible to do that? 

Message 7 of 20
Beta Member

Interesting...I sent myself a test email and I don't see a "Get Directions" link in it...

Message 8 of 20

@aprild Yes I did the same and thought all was fine but a few of my customers have been confused on where to pick up. I had the one customer forward me her email and see why it’s causing confusion. There is a “Get directions” link and a map but because I haven’t put my actual house address in, it’s leading them somewhere else. I want to be able to send an email directly with address and video showing how to use my lockbox as it is actually located outside a friend’s home as I live out of town. Thus, I think if I could just eliminate the map and directions, it would get rid of confusion. For now, I have added a message in the header that reads “please disregard map and directions below. You will receive a second email with instructions for pick up”

Message 9 of 20
Admin

Hey @SFNKaren-

If this is for Square Online Store, you can remove the map in store editor:

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 10 of 20

Yes! This is exactly what would help me! And yes this is with my Square Online Store. Sorry if that wasn't clear from the beginning. I just can't find where this is now. Can you please tell me how to get to this location and hours page? I've been looking and can't seem to find it. Start from step one - sorry but this is all so new to me!

Message 11 of 20
Admin

Hey @SFNKaren!

I went to Square Online > Edit Site > scrolled down, and selected the section where the map is:

Does that work for you? 🤓

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 12 of 20

Yes!!!! Thank you SO much! your help is much appreciated.

Message 13 of 20
Admin

Not gonna lie, took me a minute to figure out too @SFNKaren 😬

Have a good weekend! 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 14 of 20

Ok Isabelle - unfortunately this problem isn't quite resolved. Your suggestion of turning off the map for the online store did indeed help so that my customers no longer receive a map in their email confirmation. However, if they signed up for text messages, they still receive a link which includes a map that takes them to a random place in the city as I have not included the house address of pick up location. Again, I don't want to reveal the house address until their order is delivered to my lockbox at the house as I live out of town. This is of course confusing to them. Any thoughts on resolving this?

Message 15 of 20
Admin

Hi @SFNKaren - stepping in for @isabelle with your question. It might make the most sense to simply turn off text message notifications since they're just going to cause confusion. You can do that in Settings > Checkout > Advanced settings.

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 16 of 20

Thanks Adam. I have done that. Hopefully that resolves the issue.

Message 17 of 20
Admin

Not a problem! If you have other questions or issues with this let me know.

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 18 of 20
Beta Member

Thank you, I found this very helpful. I was surprised to check my site and seeing my home address on every item page(I have an online only presence too)! Showing the address must have been a recent change.

Message 19 of 20
Square Community Moderator

@aprild - so glad you found this helpful. Isabelle is the best! Feel free to reach out if anything else comes up 📈

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 20 of 20