x

EDITING SQUARE ONLINE USING MOBILE DEVICES

Often for me I’m unable to edit my site via a computer and also I do want to edit on the run. I have found that when I use a module device such a iPad or iPhone editing becomes extremely frustrating, Safari crashes, drag and drop items don’t work such as when I drag and drop items from one category to another for some reason, its as though I’ve selected everything on the page and I do not see the drag handle on the item I want to move. More often than not, the web page crashes out on me. Also when I use the 2nd gen Apple Pencil I run into all kinds of editing issues, such as text fields issues, drag and drop etc. This is an issue, I guess quite a lot of people edit on mobile devices, I believe I’m not the only one this happens to. On the pc most if not all editing works well. 
Does this happen to anyone else?
Could we PLEASE have a more reliable less buggy editing workflow system for mobile device users.

I’m using iPad Pro 4th Gen, Apple Pencil II, Google and Safari

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hey @Artforlife,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble using Square Online on a mobile device!

Generally if we're seeing widespread issues we'll see a number of reports here on our Seller Community forum, however I can't say I've seen any similar reports to this recently.

I'd be happy to pass on the feedback to our product team, but I wonder if it may be something on the device itself, or possibly an assumption that things work in a drag and drop manner on iPad where this functionality doesn't actually exist. For example, I don't think there is any drag and drop function with items that allows your to drag and drop them to different areas - this is all managed via manually changing the individual item settings.

Are you able to provide any specific screenshots or videos that highlight the issues you're seeing?

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2