x
Beta Member

Edit Category Link

When I create a "Square Online" category and add that as a page for my Square online site I notice the URL the system gives is always followed by a number.  

Example:

Category = Wine

URL = www.CUSTOMDOMAIN.com/shop/wine/3

Why the "3"? What is the significance of these numbers on all of my category URL's?

Is there a way to just make it www.CUSTOMDOMAIN.com/shop/wine

(without the "3")? This isn't a good user experience when telling someone to go directly to a specific page on my site and I have to remember numbers.

Message 1 of 6
1 Best Answer
Beta Member

Best Answer

@c59w  I get around this by using redirects under the SEO settings under "Website" on Square Online.  Simply create the redirect URL to what you want it to be, e.g. www.website.com/wine and linkit to your specific category or product page. This makes it easier for promotional use. Hope this helps.

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Admin

Hey @c59w!

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community

At this time, there's no way to edit the URL to remove the numbers. The numbers refer to a category page, which must be a unique URL at this time.

That's a great feature request though and one I'll definitely pass along to our Square Online Product Teams. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 2 of 6
Beta Member

Best Answer

@c59w  I get around this by using redirects under the SEO settings under "Website" on Square Online.  Simply create the redirect URL to what you want it to be, e.g. www.website.com/wine and linkit to your specific category or product page. This makes it easier for promotional use. Hope this helps.

Message 3 of 6
Beta Member

Hi, the advice you've giving is just for the main homepage SEO, correct? 

Message 4 of 6
Beta Member

Are there any updates to this post? I would love the ability to remove these numbers... they make my site look unprofessional. 

Message 5 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Hello @AmesAtWired I don't have any updates right now. However, I recommend you submit a Feature Request here. This will help our product team get visibility and track other Sellers with similar interest in your request. 

Important: When submitting a request, make sure to include the desired feature, and provide the details of how this feature will help your business succeed (how would you use it and what you expect from it).

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 6