x

Edits to items won't save

Cannot save edits to item library

I happily and successfully have been entering items with variances and images for a week now. 3 days ago, I went to quickly add 14 new colors into an existing item and they would not save. Prior to that, I could save frequently while working within an item and it would not leave that item page. When I save it started to go back to the item library and lose the changes I made. Now, countless attempts to save additional variances have not worked. I have added items to the square dashboard and they do save but do not sync with my square terminal or the weebly online store- previously all was syncing and it was like a miracle to me. I have spent 3 days reading troubleshooting and forum topics and so then updated my mac to catalina and switched to chrome, cleared cache and still having same problem. I am sure you can imagine that this is beyond frustrating as I think I would have completed all my stock edits. I have published the website.  Really appreciative in advance for your help

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Admin

@twistedstitch I'm really sorry you're having this experience. I can understand how frustrating that is. 

Thanks for going through troubleshooting steps. I hate that they didn't work for you. I'd suggest contacting our Weebly Support team so they can take it a step further and look into your account. Hopefully they're able to find out what's happening and get things back up and running for you.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 2 of 18

I think someone from Weebly is on it- last night I sent a series of screenshots and explanations to them. Just waiting to hear back!  

Message 3 of 18

Have you had any news on this problem?  I'm encountering the same issue; i go in an existing item, make changes, save them and everything looks fine.  Then i start working on the next items and suddenly part of the changes i made to the last few items disappear (say I changed the description sligthly and updated the inventory, only the inventory stays right, but the description goes back to what it was before i made the changes...)

It is extremely frustrating to say the least...

Message 4 of 18
Beta Member

any update as I am having the same problem as well

Message 5 of 18

None whatsoever, i left them coodinates to get back to me, nothing.  All I got was a customer satisfaction survey about their response a few days later...

Needless to say, I'm shopping another platform

Message 6 of 18

This was resolved when I spoke to a weebly rep on the phone- they were super helpful and it was tricky to sort out. It wasn't something I could have done myself.

Message 7 of 18

I'm having the same difficulty. My issue seems to be within square, not weebly. The stock numbers don't allow changes "at this time" "try again?" or "discard?"

Anyone else having that trouble?

Message 8 of 18
Alumni

Thanks for updating us @twistedstitch! Glad to hear we were able to help 

If you didn't already get in touch directly with our team, @3Sheets - I recommend that as a next step!

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 9 of 18

I am having the same issue on my Square site. Who do I contact?

Message 10 of 18
Square Community Moderator

Hi @kkhymnkwon,

Thanks for getting in touch, and sorry to hear about the trouble with your site. Please let us know if you've had a chance to go through any troubleshooting steps yet, and which particular error you're coming across! You can reach our support team at 1-855-700-6000, or get in touch via email here

Message 11 of 18

Thank you so much for putting this information! I will be calling in the morning. I will put a full description in, save it but half my description will be gone after the save. I'm losing my sanity. So happy this forum is here! 

Message 12 of 18

I am a new customer trying to add inventory for the first time. I am going back and trying to add descriptions and images and it will not save. Constantly getting a "we're sorry! Something went wrong". It's very frustrating. Already regretting choosing square. 

Message 13 of 18

Hi Amethystmoonllc

That was happening to me as well. I don't know if this will help you at all, but I went through everything I had added one at a time to see what the issue was. I saved after everything I entered (leaving it on hidden so anyone on the site wouldn't see what I was doing). As silly as it sounds, I just simply logged out and logged back in. I use Mozilla so I am not sure if it is the browser I use. But, it was just as simple as that. I made sure to copy and paste everything I did in another program so that I didn't have to retype everything though.

Sorry that this doesn't help much. But square while has everything I want for the price that I want, can be a bit frustrating. At least it doesn't have a bunch of apps that you have to pay extra for making the site very expensive to have.

Message 14 of 18

Amazing - I am also having this problem - 4 years later 🙄 It tends to happen whenever there are variations or when you go back to edit.

Also there is a constant error telling me I have tried to save an older version... I am trying to save a new version?

I have done everything from re-entering the items in all different ways:

1. Dashboard - then edit online (as things go missing between the two - or have to be re-entered as the two don't talk to each other) - check web site. All seems fine and then next day, images are gone.
  2. Online - (can't add images from library, so to not cause duplicates, I add the images from the dashboard) - check and add missing items in dashboard (again can't just do one, have to repeat the exercise as the 2 dashboards don't speak to each other) -  check website - oh no, they're not there. Re-publish website ... nope, back to the beginning.
  3. Perhaps it has to do wit the images, too big? Too small? too much alt text? -- Nope tried all that.
  4. Perhaps it is the browser - nope tried Firefox, Edge, Chrome - all the same
  5. Perhaps work slower an be patient, maybe it takes time to refresh... nope

I have now been trying to enter my stock for nearly 3 weeks! 
PLEASE FIX THIS - YOU HAVE HAD 4 YEARS

Alternatively, I can introduce you to someone who knows how to do your job and maybe he can help you. 🙄

Message 15 of 18

I have the same problem (4 years later) but it is on the same device and when entering items. Variation images don't save and the dashboard and online definitely don't work together. Also, when you manage to get them to save and go back to the items to edit them for any reason, the images disappear again. 😡

Message 16 of 18
Square Community Moderator

Hi @OBD - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community.

I went ahead and merged your duplicate post to this thread. We merge duplicate conversations together to keep like comments in one place, and to make it easier for others to find the thread in the future. I also want to make sure you've seen our Community Etiquette Guidelines. We ask Seller Community Members to not post the same message in multiple places, as it is not productive for our Moderators.

This does sound off, but it's difficult to pinpoint what may be happening without looking at your settings and website with you, which we aren't able to do via the Seller Community. For this type of issue, I suggest that you get in touch with our Square Online Support Team for further assistance.

If you haven't already,
please reach out to Support directly by logging into your Square account and heading here.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 17 of 18

I have contacted support and am waiting to hear from them. I apologise for the duplicate message, it was an accident as I noticed I was on the US site and not on the UK one.

Message 18 of 18