x
Beta Member

Email Deliverability

I would like to use the marketing platform within square online but I am having serious concerns about email deliverability. There is no documentation on how to properly set up SPF or DKIM records and when I looked online I saw the following notice regarding Weebly’s dmarc status.

With my current SPF and DKIM settings in place based on the few support articles I found, I am still seeing the via Weebly in emails coming from my store. Along with a bright orange warning in Gmail that my email might not be safe.

Can somebody please address the compliance issues noted by dmarc.io So that we can properly send marketing emails through your platform?

804695AC-243C-4341-83E6-F608D32410FC.png

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Beta Member

An update to my post. It appears the via weebly showed on the marketing test email but not the actual eblast. So that's reassuring. However the order confirmation emails still say via weebly, and show the big orange "be careful" box in gmail. Could we take a look at the dmarc compliance issue?

Message 2 of 6
Square Community Moderator

@marysmuffins Thank you for reaching out in the Community. I am happy to read one of your issues was resolved. 

As far as you dmarc compliance, I would recommend contacting our CS Team directly for assistance. They will have more in-depth access to your account information. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 3 of 6
Beta Member

What is the status of correcting this?????  I can’t not believe in 2022 this HAS STILL NOT BEEN FIXED!

Until Square/Weebly support properly reviews and supports ALL CUSTOMER EMAIL WILL continue to fail and customers will NOT receive their Order confirmation emails or any other emails.  IT WILL NEVER WORK

We need the proper SPF entry to add for Square to authenticate sending email as our custom domain.  OTHERWISE IT IS THE SAME AS ALL SPAM SENT 

https://docs.sendgrid.com/ui/account-and-settings/spf-records

PLEASE TAKE THIS SERIOUSLY

Message 4 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Thank you for taking the time to share your interest in this feature @pettytheft I recommend you submit a Feature Request here. This will help our product team get visibility and track other Sellers with similar interest in your request. 

Important: When submitting a request, make sure to include the desired feature, and provide the details of how this feature will help your business succeed (how would you use it and what you expect from it).

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 6
Beta Member

It is NOT a feature request ...  It's completely broken and unusable.  All square orders email sent using the FROM address will fall into spam. You are not compliant with basic SPAM settings.

Message 6 of 6