x

Error connecting to Facebook Shops?

I am having issue connecting to Facebook Shops. i follow all the steps and still gives issues. not sure why i am having trouble Screen Shot 2021-05-24 at 11.12.45 AM.png

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Square Community Moderator

Hey @ME2020,

This error actually comes from Facebook Business Manager's end so you may need to reach out to Facebook for more clarity on this error and what you can do.

For basic troubleshooting, I'd recommend trying a different browser or clearing your cache before attempting again.

Here's the steps on connecting Facebook shopping too from our Support Centre.

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 14
Beta Member

May be this will help you or someone with the same problem ! 

I had the same error message when trying to sync my facebook account, even if in my business integration apps Square was there. 

Here's what i did to fix it : i went in my business manager settings and under : Users > Partners i deleted Weebly inc. The integration was already there from Appointments for Square. Once i deleted it, i deleted the apps (Appointments for Square and Square) under Business integrations (in your personal facebook account settings).

Then I followed the same steps has before and it worked! 

Message 3 of 14

Thanks for jumping in and sharing what workaround you used for this, @Catin! We appreciate you! 👏

Joe
Message 4 of 14

hey, @Catin I tried again and it didn't work. can you please find another solution or show me please this one works I am unsure if I am doing it right. 

Message 5 of 14

hello, can anyone help me out pleases. thank you in advance.

@Joe @Catin @ashc 

Message 6 of 14

anyone can help ME???

Spoiler

Message 7 of 14

Hey @ME2020,

Taking over the baton for @ashc here!

If you're still seeing the same error message you shared a screenshot of above, reaching out to Facebook directly would be the first step. Please let us know if you've already reached out to Facebook support, and which advice they shared with you. 

Message 8 of 14
Beta Member

Curious if you ever got this fixed? I'm struggling with the same issue going back and forth with Facebook Support.  I use to have my shop connected and then one day it stopped working.  

Message 9 of 14

hey, no one got back to me. it does not work. tried call both places no one help out. still not working 

Message 10 of 14

Hey there @ME2020, stepping in for @jj while he is away. 

For this you would need to speak to our Phone Support directly, as we do not have the ability to dig into your account specifics through the Community forum. 

It definitely looks like something that needs a deeper dive on their end. 

Try contacting them any of these ways here:

https://squ.re/2LW3Gz3

Options to contact Square are here: squ.re/howtocontact

Frida
Message 11 of 14

Hey there @Fatplantfarm

If you have a ticket with facebook support I would recommend reaching out to our Square Online team as they can take a look at your account with you and might shine a light here, as they are able look at your account alongside you in order to pinpoint what's going on here. Please reach out by phone or email when you have a moment by logging into your Square account and heading here.

JJ
Message 12 of 14

I am having the exact same issue, has anyone resolved this? 

Message 13 of 14
Beta Member

No. Facebook says it's a square issue and Square says it's a facebook issue.  

First facecbook said it was a permissions error with Instagram. Then they came back and say there is missing it's missing data information that Square needs to fix.

Below is an email from Facebook which I sent to Square. Square's solution is to have me export a CSV file of my catalog and upload it to facebook. It sounds like a nightmare. It all worked before automatically updating. I've spent so much time on this.

Upon thorough investigation of your Pixel 734174283993464 and its ability to synchronize with your Catalog adding the listings automatically I'd like to clarify two points that must be addressed:

a) Microdata Collection: if you further check the Micro debugger you will be able to identify some fields are not correctly set up. Namely the i) ID's, ii) Price and iii) Availability. It is also important to check the fields and "google_product_category".

I'm aware this issue might not be simple. Therefore I'd vividly recommend to reach your Webstore provider (Square) and inform them about the Data Feed Specifications that need to be fixed. More about this can be found on: Date Feed Fields and Specifications for Catalogs. Please bear in mind that important part on this matter is called " Required fields for products", available on the first part of the Help Center Provided.

If you need additional information to do it yourself, I will be glad to help. As long as you have access to your Catalog CSV file or a Data Feed File on Google Sheets. Let me know Kait, preferably it would be easier to do it via phone call.

b) Pixel not Connected to the Catalog: despite the Data Feed Field that must be addressed first place, I've also found the Pixel is not connected to your Catalog. The steps to link the Pixel 734174283993464 are simple, but should be done after the point a is fixed. In any case below are the steps to add the Pixel to the Catalog # ID 999393337489784:

1) Go to Business Settings; 
2) Select the Catalog "Fat Plant Farm ID 999393337489784";
3) On the upper right you will see the button "Associate Sources" - select this option
4) Paste the Pixel ID "734174283993464" and after that click on the Save button.
5) To be sure this issue has been settled, please provide a screenshot reproducing the above steps. If any error appear during this workflow we will be able to identify and if necessary loop it to our Technical Team.

I'm aware the above information may be a bit difficult to understand. Once said that I'd like to say you can seek support of your webstore provider, responsible for your Catalog and listings - the names provided above will at least point out which direction their Support need to check; or, the other option is to convert your Catalog into a Spreadsheet and schedule a call, where I will try my best to clarify about Microdata, Catalog and Pixel ability to add items to your Catalog. Please let me know.

As soon as I receive your answer I’ll be able to move further with your request.

The Commerce Facebook Concierge Support is always here to assist you with your requests.

Kind regards,

Message 14 of 14