x

Error importing catalog

I want to update my item catalog (stock per sale location and stock alert settings).

I export the catalog from the item library (action > export catalog). So far so good. But then I can't import it back: "There was an issue uploading all of your items. Please refresh the page, verify your item library and try again. If you are unable to resolve your issue, please contact support for additional assistance." I tried everything on your troubleshoot page: removing commas, not changing file name, not modifying headers, etc).

Even if I export the catalog and import it back right away without modifications at all, I still get the same message.

This is getting reallu frustrating and I lost a lot of time of this issue.

HELP

Oh, and another thing: I use Square in french. The export is made in english. To import back, I have to link all english headers from the file to the french headers from my account because the tool doesn't recognize its own column. WHAT?! And I can't even change the language of my account, the option in the parameters seems to be only for communication with square. So every time I try to import (unsuccessfully) I must link the 20 or so headers. Real loss of time. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square Community Moderator

Hey @Sophie1

Thank you for reaching out in the Community! 

It looks like we are having an issue with importing on our end. I would suggest reaching out to our CS Team, so they can add your information to the ongoing ticket with our engineers. 

They will be able to take a look at this internally for you. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 5

Hi Kassi,

I already contacted CS. Upon their request I've sent a video of the process leading to the error for your engineers, as CS couldn't help me further. I didn't get any news since. Any idea when the problem will be solved? 

I'd like to know if I should resing doing my updates by hand, which would consume a lot of time...

Thanks for your reply,

Message 3 of 5

Well, looks like the problem is solved! So relieved not to have to update manually!!

Have a good day,

Message 4 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Great to hear, @Sophie1! Thank you for keeping me updated and I am glad you were able to get a resolution. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 5