x
Beta Member

Event Item Not Available in All Locations

I have a Wine Dinner that is set up as an event item in the online store. The event will take place physically in location 2. In the regular square dashboard, this item is set up as available in both of our locations. I want to be able to sell it online regardless of which "location" you're shopping in online.

For instance, if a customer normally shops at location 1, their cookies are set to location 1. If they go to the link for the event, it shows a "not available" button. They have to switch their location from location 1 to location 2 in order to see an "attend" button.

So, I want to be able to sell tickets to the event in both of my online locations.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Beta Member

Update: I also create an "Online Event" but I'm having the same issue. Even though the event is online, customers only see the "attend" button if they are in one of our locations (Shirlington), not the other (Del Ray). An online even should be able to be purchased within any location since it is, online.

Message 2 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Cheesetique 😊

Can you please post a link to the event on your website so we can take a look? 

Message 3 of 5
Beta Member

@BernadetteA here is the link to the event item.

If you're shopping online in "Cheesetique Del Ray" you will see the "unavailable" button. If you're shopping in "Cheesetique Shirlington" you will see the "attend" button. You can tell which location you're in by clicking on the link above and then clicking "Home" at the top of the screen.

Message 4 of 5
Square Community Moderator

That's definitely odd. From what I can see you have everything setup properly. I did notice that you have an additional mobile location setup for Del Ray, but I'm not 100% sure if that is the reason. 

I recommend reaching out to our support team so a rep can troubleshoot this with you one on one. Situations like this are best handled by our team since a rep can walk you through the settings, and escalate to the engineers if it turns out to be something out of your control. 

You can reach the team with this link. Just make sure to indicate your question is about the Online Store. 😊

Message 5 of 5