x

Feature Request: Add "Media Mail" shipping option

Feature Request: Add "Media Mail" shipping option

When creating a shipping label (when fulfilling an order), the current shipping options with USPS include First-Class, Parcel Select, Priority Mail, and Priority Mail Express.

For sellers selling books, "Media Mail" is a UPSP shipping method that's cheaper but not available through Square. At the same time, other platforms, like PayPal, do offer creating shipping labels for Media Mail.

I'm sure I can't be the only one for whom this is an important consideration. Given that there already is all the functionality for other shipment options with USPS, I hope this could be a matter of enabling Media Mail as an option. 

13 Comments
Square Community Moderator

@tulipandhound Welcome to the Seller Community! Thanks for sharing this feature request. I will merge other posts like it here so we can keep all the feedback in one place.

Agreed. Square needs a Media Mail option. 

It's quite inconvenient because I need to use PayPal for shipping labels, so with larger volume, I will switch over the payment to PayPal so things are in one place.

Beta Member

If Square would integrate with Pirate Ship, Media Mail would be easily available.   As it is now, I export my online orders to an excel spreadsheet, add in the weights and dimensions, and then upload the spreadsheet to Pirate Ship for my labels.     

Integrations with Pirate Ship would speed up my work tremendously.   Neither Square or Shippo offer media mail

I agree! I am new to shipping online orders for my Children's Picture Book. Asking over $7.00 for shipping with USPS is not appropriate for this item. Square needs to resolve this issue ASAP. We need media mail prices and the ability to print these labels!  

Indie book publisher / record label here. We're using the Square online store for the first time to take online orders and I'm now discovering the lack of Media Mail option for shipping, and I'm pretty disappointed in an otherwise great way to set up a store.

I was aware of Pirate Ship, and now I think that's our best option... thanks, y'all.

Yes please, I definitely second this!!

I recently built my online bookstore with Square, and I just realized there's no media mail option, which means I'll need to figure out another way to print my shipping labels.

Square Community Moderator
Status changed to: Not currently planned

Hello,

I appreciate you all for reaching out with your feedback on your business need for adding a "Media Mail" shipping option.  I completely understand the inconvenience you are put through by not having this option available.  I do think this would streamline Square Online. At this time this is not something on the Product Team's timeline to implement. We will make sure to keep track of this request and update you if anything changes. Thank you so much for this valuable feedback! 

Media mail is definitely needed! So frustrating that I can't complete the process where the sales are taking place. 

+1 please add this!