x

Feature Request: Allow customers to pay for third-party delivery orders using Square Gift Cards

Feature Request: Allow customers to pay for third-party delivery orders using Square Gift Cards

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Add Gift Card as payment option has disappeared from the checkout

The ability to enter a Square Gift Card as a payment option has disappeared from the checkout for delivery in my online store.  It is still an option when the customer selects Pickup.

This has worked flawlessly for weeks now, but suddenly disappeared.  How do I get it back?  All of my delivery orders are paid for by Gift Card!

2 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: Can customers use egift cards with LOCAL DELIVERY only

Yes, Square Gift Cards can now be used on In-House and On-Demand delivery orders!  

Let us know if you have any other questions about this, @MileHighProduce 🍅🥬🥕 

Verified Answer

Re: Feature Request: Allow customers to pay for third-party delivery orders using Square Gift Cards

Hi y'all! 

Dropping in to let you know that Square Gift Cards will now appear as a payment option for all In-House and On-Demand Deliveries orders. Please give our team a call if you are running into any troubles with this field appearing at the end of the checkout flow!

111 Comments
Square Community Moderator

Hey @RoseLBF,

Unfortunately the option to pay with a gift card isn't an option anymore for delivery orders.

I checked in with the Weebly team and they said they're working on bringing it back though so hang tight and I'll come back to update you once it's back. 

Beta Member

@ashc 

Has there been an update on this? I have the same problem, and it looks like this is going on 2 full months. 

@VibrantTablePDX I'll be sure to update the thread if it comes back!

My customer does not have the +Add Gift Card option on the checkout screen of our online store to pay with her eGift Card. How can I get this included on the checkout screen?

Hey @PSBK,

This is included on the Checkout screen automatically so it's possible they're just not seeing it.

It's under > Payment Information on the Checkout page.

If they have their card information already saved for a quicker checkout, they'll need to select > Edit to get to the Add A Gift Card option.

Here's a picture below for example of the option from an order I just placed:

That option is not coming up for my customer. 

Check out 2.jpg

Your image isn't showing for me @PSBK

When can our customers use square gift cards for deliveries instead of just pick ups? Really doesn't make any sense at all.

Hey @GaddyLaneBK,

I moved your post to an existing thread where I addressed this.

We'll be sure to update the thread when this changes. 

I'm having this same issue. My customers do not have the option to add a gift card for payment.