x

Selling digital files that are automatically emailed to purchaser.

Selling digital files that are automatically emailed to purchaser.

I would like to see a feature on square.

I would like to sell downloadable digital files, where an automated email goes out with the file link right after check out.  I would be able to have one more way to have sales in my business.  I am a hypnotist and don't have a way to sell digital files through my website.  I don’t know how to sell digital files through square.  

286 Comments
Admin

Ahhh @bibraver

I see what you're saying now. In that case you can use use a button or text link and choose the digital file option when making the link. That will let people just click the link or button and download the file immediately without going through any kind of checkout process.

There's no way to completely get rid of the checkout/purchase button. I guess as a workaround you could just make a web page without any items, and in the information about your business you could just include the link to the download. If you'd like more insight on how to do this, please give our Support Team a call so they can walk you through it. Thank you. 

I am a VERY UNHAPPY CUSTOMER! Having to manually send digital products is a MAJOR PAIN! I've been asking for A YEAR now that you guys allow me to upload the product automatically in Weebly so that I do not have to send out literally hundreds of digital files a month. 

This is eCommerce, you guys! This makes no sense! When are you going to allow us to do this!!!

Hello,

I was pointed to this thread from another thread. Just letting the admins know that I also need a way to upload digital files for sale. At this point specifically .docx, .pdf, .wav .mp3 .mpeg .avi .xlsx .pptx I know you're working on the feature. Thanks.

Square Community Moderator

Thanks for adding your voice here, @carltonsmith! We hear you. We are actively updating this thread as we have news to share. We will continue to do so and let you know when an update is coming down the pipeline.

Thanks, again!

This needs to be addressed IMMEDIATELY. I have to manually email digital files. I just sent 70 PDFs manually! It makes no sense that an online eCommerce provider does not do this. It will cause you to lose customers. 

Think about Kodak. They were pioneers in digital photography, but refused to make investments in that arena due to their thought that film would always be used. They are no longer in business. 

How do I know I will have their email address?  Are they automatically prompted, since it's digital to input that information?  Or how do I make sure I will have the correct information?

Square Community Moderator

Hi @millermorning great question! The emails are automatically collected during checkout. 🙂

Well, the "best answer" is not even a good answer! Sorry, but Square needs to up the game for digital sellers, especially in this day and age!!! Having to send out a digital file manually is old technology. I saw that things are being updated...that was over a month and a half ago...so what's happening? And when id all of this "updating" start? Surely not just a month or so ago? Square needs to get this in place. That's the bottom line. I get so tired of hearing from companies..."oh we're working on it" and then nothing happens. SO, what about it, SQUARE? are you going to get off the pot and get it done or just keep dragging us along with old tech?

I completely agree with you. This is ridiculous.

thank you! nice to see others feeling the same! maybe Square will get the hint