x

Selling digital files that are automatically emailed to purchaser.

Selling digital files that are automatically emailed to purchaser.

I would like to see a feature on square.

I would like to sell downloadable digital files, where an automated email goes out with the file link right after check out.  I would be able to have one more way to have sales in my business.  I am a hypnotist and don't have a way to sell digital files through my website.  I don’t know how to sell digital files through square.  

286 Comments

"we have a Square Online Store powered by Weebly".

But Weebly has the option to provide a digital download so why has this not yet happened? Is there any time scale update to this?

Seems very strange that in a age and time where digital downloads are all that my business is currently able to offer, that Square hasn't made this more of a priority. All I can see is that they've prioritized delivery options, whilst the rest of us are left to send send huge numbers of download links to our customers. My life is hard enough trying to keep a business afloat without the extra email traffic i'm dealing with during the Coronavirus.

An this "solution" is unacceptable. Manual mailing of digital files (the lionshare of my sales during COVID) is killing my soul, and we have asked you all to fix this repeatedly! I should be able to upload digital files, and customers should be able to get them at the time of purchase. We should NOT have to wait for you to catch up with Etsy!

I don't think they are listening. I've been asking for this to be fixed for over a year. The old Weebly sites allowed this, and I think the former Square online store did too. There is no reason not to add this functionality. 

Frankly, even a solution where I could provide my customer with a link to their download would be fine. I can host the files myself on my own web-server, and would honestly prefer this as most of my downloads are links to online resources anyway! Pretty Please SORT THIS!

Beta Member

I’d like this as an option as well. I need the ability to sell a passcode as access.

Hi Everyone, 

Currently, I am selling on the Etsy platform and would prefer to sell on my own page and shoppable landing pages. Can I sell digital downloads with square? If so, do I need to buy a separate app|plugin|platform? What app|plugin|platform would that be? Does it work with mailchimp shoppable landing pages.

Thank you in advance! I look forward to your guidance! 

Square Community Moderator

Hey @stylingsquad,

I can't speak for Etsy but our Online Store with Weebly does allow for digital sales.

See @isabelle 's Best Answer above for more details. 

This is a feature we have BEEN ASKING for Weebly/Square to bring back. As of no, you have to manually email your customers digital purchases.

Thank goodness for gumroad.com.  I just spent all day writing this ebook.  Kinda sucks that I have to use a 3rd party to deliver it to my customers.  Seems like my "store" isn't actually a store.

Anything?

Having to manually send digital products is not acceptable especially in times like these. Most businesses are depending on online sales....Please make this a priority Square!