x

Selling digital files that are automatically emailed to purchaser.

Selling digital files that are automatically emailed to purchaser.

I would like to see a feature on square.

I would like to sell downloadable digital files, where an automated email goes out with the file link right after check out.  I would be able to have one more way to have sales in my business.  I am a hypnotist and don't have a way to sell digital files through my website.  I don’t know how to sell digital files through square.  

286 Comments

Is it possible to add a digital download, like a PDF, as a product in my store? And is it possible to make it a free item? We would like to offer a free digital download item as a promo for our customers.

Super Seller Alumni

You cannot have an item in the store for under $1.00.  Any items that are delivered via electronic still need to be sent by you.  The square store does not handle the delivery of these items.  

You can just list it in part of the item description and then email it to them when they place the order.

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Digital products?]

I am brand new, I've been searching for posts about this but many of them are old. 

I was wondering if we can sell digital products through square, and if so, is there a download option? Or do we have to go through a third party / send manually?

Admin

Hey @meljen-

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community!

Yes, with Square Online you can list digital items for sale:

You can then provide the digital file for download via email, as we do not have an automated digital file send process after they make their purchase. You will have to manually send them their digital file for download, so make sure their email address is noted. Let me know if you have any questions about this! 🌟

Thank you so much!

Admin

You're very welcome @meljen. Let me know if you have any other questions while you get started with your Square Online Store! 💡

I am setting up my square account since yesterday and trying to figure out how everything works.

I will describe what i need here and please let me know if i am on the right place or should i look for a different solution. Thank you

I need:

1. sell live streaming classes (a unique link to each class)

2. The customer needs to receive an email with the purchased link for that specific class.

3. Embed the option to book these clases on my website.

Now... i see quirks and odd things while setting up things here..

In order to provide the customer an automatic email with the link right after purchase, the only option i found so far is to change the item type to "EVENT" under the weebly.com online store (the same option is NOT available under the squareup.com backend, i dont understand this) 

So under the "Event details" section, i am able to provide custom text where i can provide the necessary links to the customers.

This works if i want the customer to purchase that specific class.. but classes are available 6 days a week, and i need the customers to be able to purchase any classes (ex: mon,wed,sat) and get an email with the 3 links for those specific days.

I am able to create each class, but then there is a link to set the buttons on my website for that individual class..  i need the customers to be able to choose any classes in one shot, like adding things on a shopping cart, and then receive the links for each of those classes purchased.

I hope that was clear enough..

Thank you for any tips.

Admin

Hey @axoitek!

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community, and considering Square.

Just to clear the whole Square Online Store/Weebly portion up, I've included an explanation that I wrote in another Seller Community post:

Essentially we used to have a free Square Online Store that was our own, and very simplified. We did not have any upgrades available. Fast forward a couple of years, we were ready to launch a more sophisticated, complete Square Online Store, so we acquired the company Weebly. For a while, we had our Square Online Store powered by Weebly, and our "old" Online Store because some of our sellers were still using it. Recently, we migrated everyone to our newest version of the Square Online Store powered by Weebly. We still have a free version of our new Square Online Store, but also have these upgrades available.

Now, to answer your questions...

1 and 2) We have a Digital Download or Event item that you can offer for sale in your Online Store. Both of these will require you to send your client/customer the link to your live session (Google Hangout, Zoom), via email manually. The link doesn't automatically send after a Digital Download or Event purchase. As long as you're okay sending the clients/customers an email with the link, this could work for you:

3) You can embed the Square Appointments booking link if you'd like. Or, here's some other Booking and Scheduling apps that we integrate with. 

Let me know if you have any questions about this information, or feel free to contact our Support Team to speak with a team member over the phone. 

Thank you Isabelle.

I found this system very inconvenient for my purposes and solved the problem by using woocommerce on my wordpress site. 

Square Community Moderator

Thanks for letting us know, @axiotek. We are glad you found an acceptable solution for your business!