x
Beta Member

Feature Request: Customize order of items on Shop All page

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Shop All Custom Arrange / Popularity Arrangement]

I'm trying to arrange what items are displayed first on my Shop All page, but I don't see any way to custom arrange them. I know how to edit the order for categories, but I can't get it to work for the Shop All section.

Also, the items being displayed when I sort by popularity are not at all my most popular items. Anyone have any suggestions for how to fix the popularity arrangement? Or, if possible, how to custom arrange them items? 

Message 1 of 8
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

You can choose a custom arrangement for which items go where within category and shop all pages so you can put whatever items you want up top. You can set a default sorting that shows up when people go to your pages or make it a custom layout. Go to edit store > category pages > shop all > item list > arrange items & add > choose sorting or customize layout.

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Admin

Hey @EdHyders!

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community.

As of right now, when it comes to the Shop All page, these are the only sorting options:

We do not currently have a custom sort option when it comes to the Shop All page. It's a feature request that's been escalated to our Product Team, and I'll make sure to post in this thread if I hear any updates about it. 

We would like to look into this further if your popularity order is incorrect. Please give us a call when you get a chance so our Online Store team can take a look on the backend, and file a ticket with our Engineering Team if necessary. 

Thanks for your time! 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 2 of 8

Best Answer

You can choose a custom arrangement for which items go where within category and shop all pages so you can put whatever items you want up top. You can set a default sorting that shows up when people go to your pages or make it a custom layout. Go to edit store > category pages > shop all > item list > arrange items & add > choose sorting or customize layout.

Message 3 of 8
Admin

I just tried this workaround shared by @whclayton. It worked!

Thanks so much. Please refer to the instructions above @EdHyders

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 4 of 8
Beta Member

This is how we customized our other pages, but it does not work for our shop all page. I appreciate the help though!  

Message 5 of 8

Question from a new user.  I have just recently set up the site and have had sales.  I have noticed when I go into shop all categories and select the popularity drop down, that it is the same order as when I set up the site.  How often does it update or is this just a fake button?  I would like my customers to see my most popular items when shopping.  Thanks!  Lori

Message 6 of 8
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @lronald

Welcome to Square and the Community! 

You have the ability to change the order of popularity if you'd like. I moved your post to a thread where one of our Sellers added a workaround to set those. 

Check out the Best Answer by @whclayton

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 7 of 8

Thank you - I had already completed a custom list...but when I try to sort the items on popularity...I cannot seem to drag the items to where they need to be.  I have the sort button on. 

This is rather inconvenient.  Square needs to make this button actually pick up algorithm for the sales vs. user having to manually do this.  please help...Lori 

Message 8 of 8