x

Feature Request: Edit Square Online orders once they have been placed

Hi there!

I would love to know if it's possible to change a customer's order time if, for example, they placed the order at the wrong time and contacted us to change it. 

Cheers,

Brooke

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Admin

Hey @LalaHospitality,

Thanks for getting in touch! At the moment there's no way to edit orders once they have been placed - you'd need to cancel the order and the customer would need to place a new one, or if this isn't possible you'd need to record alternative arrangements outside of Square.

I can see that this would be a handy feature though, I'll pass your feedback on to our team!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 8
Beta Member

I would like to add to this - Being able to edit and change an order's content completely. 

While it doesn't come up often, there have been times when a customer has had to completely change parts of the order (inducing pickup dates, items, modifiers etc). 

It would be extremely useful in these situations if I could edit the order within square and have that reflected on their order, so I can keep track of the changes in a centralised location but also allow me to easily refund any relevant parts of the order, or send an invoice for payment/automatically charge (with consent) if the changes costed more. 

Message 3 of 8
Admin

Thanks for the feedback @CakesbyDrew,

I don't have an ETA on if and when this feature may appear in Square Online, but we'll continue to track this thread and pass on feedback!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 8

Agreed this is a basic feature the existing in almost every other online store.

1. The ability to edit someones order from incorrect phone number or email address, down to the ability to edit items that have been purchased.

2. The output reports are not comprehensive enough, The output CSV should have every bit of data. There is currently no order report that allows you to differentiate between different shipping methods. This is also needed.

3. If you update an item e.g change its category there should be an option to say treat as same item so that in the Sales reports the item is not treated as a new item. E.G Added a category to an un-categorized item now my reports have 2 sets of the same item

These are all basic features of an online eCommerce platform that need to be added urgently.

Message 5 of 8

It would be very useful to be able to edit the customer details for an online order. For example, if a customer enters their mobile phone number incorrectly, I don't think there is currently any way of editing that information in the order.

Message 6 of 8
Square Community Moderator

Hey @cppspandc1,

Thanks for reaching out to us in the Seller Community - it's always great to see new faces here 👋

You're right, at this time customer details can't be edited, and I can definitely see how this would be useful in the case where a customer makes a typo, for instance. I'll flag this with our eCom team! 

Message 7 of 8

Hi would like to add myself to this request. Very frustrating not to be able to do this.

Message 8 of 8