x

Feature Request - Order Cut Off Times, Specific Delivery & Pickup Time frames, pre orders

Hi, I'm so glad we can now enable delivery online for our home based florist business.

However we have a major problem - I don't want customers to see an estimated delivery timeframe because its wrong in the cart / checkout. We make up all orders in the morning then deliver in the afternoon in a set time frame. For now I will have to write a big disclaimer on items for people to ignore this. Please make this optional or let me pick a specific time frame on business days?

Also a request for a digital product store - I would totally use Square if you can do automatic email fulfillment and send customers a download link. I don't want to be monitoring a digital store all day for orders that I have to fulfill manually, I would want my product immediately. I will definitely switch to square when you can do this. Thanks!

Message 1 of 80
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @Roselaine,

Thanks for reaching out!

We've been building out new Online Store features on a regular basis in the last couple of months, and we're prioritising development of features that are helping businesses pivot during COVID-19. Set or scheduled delivery times is a feature that's still in the works, but this one has been a popular request and is currently being worked on - while I don't have a set time frame for when it will be available, we'll release this feature once it's ready and works. We'll be posting an update here once it's available so please keep an eye out, I'll tag you in this thread too ๐Ÿ‘

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 80
79 REPLIES 79

Hi,

I'm frustrated with pick-up scheduling! I want customers to be able to collect an item over a set few days. I have played around with different options. Changing the preparation time as the date gets closer. But have 3 problems.

1. Store is not allowing pick-up over the weekend even though I'm open Saturday morning

2. I have removed prep time for an item but the next available pick-up for later is Monday even though I'm open Friday & Saturday (It's now Thursday).

3.I don't want the item to be available until Friday but if I say the prep time is a day then the later orders time is increased a well.

Also I have an up coming sale for Mother's Day. I want people to be able to pre-order and pay now but collect on 3 set days closer to the day. Can not seem to do this???

Thank you!

Maree

Message 43 of 80
Admin

Hey @mareeba,

Thanks for reaching out.

I've moved your comment to this existing feature request thread - I think set pickup time frames would be the sort of thing you're looking for here. At the moment setting specific time windows (as opposed to a specific time) for a pick-up is not available, however I will update this thread and ping commenters if I hear of any changes. It's a popular request and I do hope we're able to delivery this feature in the future.

In terms of trying to solve the current issues you're having with store hours, keep in mind that our support team will be able to take a holistic look at your account and see how your different pickup settings have been set and what will influence how this works overall. This is something we're unfortunately not able to do via our community forum! 

Though, a good place to start may be the "Hours" section under Fulfillment > Pickup & Delivery > Edit location - check that you have your business open for pickup when you're open on Saturday.

If you need to, you can call support on 1800 760 137 (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm Melbourne time), or contact us via online chat or email:

1. Sign in to your Square account

2. Head to our contact page https://squareup.com/help/au/en/contact

3. Go to "Other"" then "I don't see my issue"

4. Click "Message us" or "Email us"

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 44 of 80

Just wondering if there is a way to deliver to different locations on different days? For example on Wednesday a 10km radius from my shop and on Thursday a completly different postcode/area. Based in Australia thanks 

Message 45 of 80
Admin

Hey @heirloomsalads,

Thanks for reaching out. I moved your post to this thread we have on our Australia seller community tracking similar feature requests. I think this one would fall under specific delivery frames - eg you'd have a specified delivery time frame for one area one day, then another the next, etc.

These sorts of options are ones we hear a lot of feedback about (as you can see in this thread!) and I know we're working on a few more options here for the future.

Once I hear more news on any updates I'll tag sellers who have posted in this thread!

Thank you for adding your feedback ๐Ÿ‘

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 46 of 80

Hi, 

We're setting up a square/weebly website for our cupcake business in Australia. 

We sell cupcakes and larger cakes. 

A feature we really need (and is currently available on shopify) is the ability for the customer to select a delivery date WITHOUT selecting a delivery timeslot.  

We do local deliveries between particular hours (12-3pm), but don't want the customer to be able to select a delivery time. We schedule the deliveries, based on the most logical order for our driver. The customer receives their order at anytime within the 12-3pm window. 

Is there a way to do this? 

Thankyou!

Message 47 of 80
Admin

Hey @TLCBallarat,

Thanks for getting in touch! I've moved your message across to this existing feature request thread so we can collect all feedback for this feature in the one place - I'll also tag everyone who has requested this here once I hear news of any updates.

Delivery timeframes / windows has been a popular feature request, I'm hoping our eCommerce team able to get to this one as soon as possible!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 48 of 80

Hi Seamus,

Thanks for the link but I still haven't found what I'm looking for.

I'm currently preparing items for Father's Day and would like customer to be able to choose 1 out of 3 of the available pick-up options, maybe radio buttons at check-out (eg. Fri 3 Sept 9am-11am, Fri 3 Sept 3-5pm or Sat 4 Sept 9am-11am). Please help. Thank you.

Message 49 of 80
Admin

@Ty07 Got you - at the moment specific pick up time frames are not available with Square Online unfortunately. We are tracking this request though, I've moved your thread to this feature request thread - if I have any news to share on this in the future I'll provide an update via this thread.

Trying to think of a workaround - do you usually offer pickup on other items and you want the store's usual pickup times to still be available for other items? Or would the store be using pickup windows only for this one specific special item?

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 50 of 80

HI @Seamus 

Has there been any development with the inclusion of the ordering cut off time for same day delivery? 

We are a florist and looking to move to square online - But from the above thread and setting up the store I can not see the option for the shop owner to put a cut off time for same day delivery of goods, eg: customer can order anytime up until midday for delivery that day before 5pm.

Message 51 of 80
Admin

@Zestflowers, I don't have any news to share on order cut-off times, but I can confirm this is definitely being worked on by our eCommerce team.

As soon as I have more to share here, I'll update this thread and tag everyone who has commented requesting this feature! 

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 52 of 80

Hi @Zestflowers 

Also got a florist business and waiting for the this to be resolved. My temporary solution was to set up prep time for 2h, which  is 2h before closing time. But its not ideal.

Message 53 of 80

Gday, 

We have a small home based bbq business (side hustle), We advertise what we are selling via  a FB and Insta post then using cash or square payments on pick up which is time consuming and we have to manually write up a spreadsheet, So everything is pre ordered. However we want to set up our FB and Insta accounts with Square to be able to offer an ordering service 2 weeks out from the cook up, that way we know exactly what we need to cater for. I've searched in the feeds but can really only find things that will help but if we were delivering. There are posts that are archived and I can't ask follow up questions. I have a square terminal and star printer, and want to be able to get the orders in,  then on the day print out all the dockets  in order of the pick up times.  Any help or further information would be great

Message 54 of 80
Admin

Hey @Smokinmbbq,

Pre-orders are a popular feature request, but not yet available with Square Online.

I've moved your post to this thread where we're tracking requests for this feature and passing feedback on to our eCommerce team. Hopefully we'll have more to share here in the future.

One possible workaround - if you make it really clear in the item description that the pickup date will be X date no matter what date they select, you can edit the pickup date once an order has been placed from the Orders section of your dashboard.

It's not elegant, but it's something you may want to try in the meantime.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 55 of 80

Funny how it seems to be an ongoing issue..and something businesses are calling out for..I started this a long time ago..yet nothing..?!?

itโ€™s sad you are happy to take money on subscription when you offer a service that doesnโ€™t actually cut it in this area, clearly that is something thin at should be a little higher priority to fix.

Seriously get it together and flag this be a little more then a..โ€Iโ€™ve just added you to this threadโ€ โ€œhopefully in future we can fix thisโ€

is this the copy and past that will continue another year down the track..or are you actually going to fix this!?! 
really **bleep** house..from square support!

Message 56 of 80

Yeah you're right mate,  searching yesterday I found numerous threads with similar topics about a preorder option some dating back to 2019 and all with that same response. It doesnt seem like it would be too hard to have this option.

Message 57 of 80

Hi Seamus, thanks for the quick reply,  is there an event,  special event, release date ? That may be able to help with my problem.  

Message 58 of 80
Square Community Moderator

I hear your frustration. We don't have the power to implement feature requests immediately, but we continue to highlight, and advocate for the suggestions we receive here. Feedback we receive in the Seller Community is taken into consideration when changes to Square Online are made. While we can't guarantee if, or when a given feature will be implemented, Square Online's is still a relatively new product, and we acknowledge that there's room for growth. We appreciate you letting us know that pre orders are still an area you're hoping we improve, and we'll let you know about any updates the moment we receive them. If you're curious about how Feature Requests work, take a look here.

@WoofGateaux @Smokinmbbq

Message 59 of 80

Hi Arie, 

It just seems like it is something ALOT of people are asking for, and for a long period of time have been asking, and doesn't seem too difficult to create. People are even leaving square because of it. I just bought the $700 bluetooth printer to assist me, but now i feel like this was a waste of money.  I know you can't keep everyone happy but there is alot of people asking for this. 

Message 60 of 80

Hi

Just wondering if any further updates in regards to date pickers or leaving the delivering window open to a full day ie tuesday 9-2pm? I'm a florist and the date picker is of utmost importance yet after requesting a few times on other threads there seems to be no updates? Really disappointing as its pushing me to cancel my square and go elsewhere

Message 61 of 80
Admin

No updates at the moment @outbackfloral - as soon as there are, we'll post here and update the thread!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 62 of 80

Agreeeeeeed!!!!! PLEASE GOD WHEN WILL THIS BE AVAILABLE IT IS NOT OKAY OR ACCEPTABLE TO NOT OFFER THIS! 

Message 63 of 80