x

Feature request: separate login for the online store

Hi, just making a feature request. The online store is generally working well for my pet supply store and is easy to use. However, the person who maintains the site must access the website maintenance section via the main dashboard which also allows her access to all of the finances related to my business.

I'd love to see a way for her to log directly into the website section, bypassing the dashboard altogether, thereby keeping my business finances private. I understand that if I make her a team member I can control her access but that would mean having to add a paid service which I can't afford. It's a small business with only a few employees. Perhaps this feature could be rolled into the website fee? Thanks for fielding/considering.

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Alumni

You can try this with the free option, Team Permissions, which allows one login for the whole team to share (in your case, just your site designer/mgr). When setting this up, take a look here for steps to grant her access to the Square Online, without providing full access. 

You'll need to pay for Team Plus only if you're looking to create tiered access levels for specified roles (manager vs cashier, etc). 

Reach out to a CS advocate for a hand if you need it. @beastiebestie

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

Thank you, took me a minute to figure out all the steps but  that worked. 

Message 3 of 4
Alumni

Glad it worked for you! If you need help setting up any features in the future, our CS Team or myself can definitely lend a helping hand along the way. 

@beastiebestie

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4