x
Admin

Featured Site: LotusFlowerOm.com

Hello! Every other week, I will be featuring rad sites built using Square Online by sellers like you. It’s a great way to pick up tips that you can incorporate into your own site!

This week we’re going to take a look at the website of the clean skincare lifestyle brand Lotus Flower Om. Owner @lotusflowerom did a fantastic job building the entire site, and I want to focus on three different aspects of it.

First, let’s take a look at the blog page. Stories allow you to talk about related topics in a space where it makes sense while also connecting with your buyers beyond merely what products or services you offer.

AdamB_0-1657141258216.png

Additionally, blog-style content is helpful for a site because it gives fresh content for Google to index. Stories in Square Online make creating and managing posts much more concise than creating individual pages on your site. 

Next, let's take a look at the FAQ page. A detailed FAQ page is your chance to proactively answer your customers' questions. It can easily make the difference between making a sale or not. Without one, a customer might leave immediately or lose interest while waiting for a reply.

Tip: If you have many FAQ items, consider grouping them into different sections by subject and linking to each section from the top of the list. 

Finally, let’s compare the links in the navigation versus those in the footer. Lotus Flower Om follows good best practices by keeping the number of items in the navigation to as few as needed. 

AdamB_1-1657141257984.png

However, they also make equally good use of the footer as a space to provide a deeper level of linking. 

AdamB_2-1657141258010.png

Scrolling is such an intuitive part of browsing the web that over 20% of your visitors will scroll straight to the bottom of the page. The footer is the ideal place to make a kind of mini-sitemap. It's easy to get to, is on every page, and doesn't get in the way of viewing other content.

What do you think? Let me know in the comments below! Let me know if you have a site you want to nominate - just send me a private message (hover over my username, then click on the button in the popup to send a message)!

For more in this series, see the list of featured site posts.

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Tags (1)
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Super Seller

Using the footer as a mini sitemap is a great suggestion -- I agree, scrolling to the bottom is almost an automatic habit at this point. Also love the FAQ suggestion. We do that for our holiday orders, but hadn't considered it for general questions. Thanks for the ideas!

Michelle Savage
Co-Founder & President
Savage Goods | @savagegoods | savagegoods.com
Message 2 of 9
Admin

I also will do that sometimes, particularly if I'm in a hurry and want to find a particular page or category quickly.

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 3 of 9
Super Seller

I really like the header "Live in moments that matter and come hang out with us." The three sections underneath it are well done. The product images are great, and I like that some items are on Sale to entice you. 

Message 4 of 9
Super Seller

wow- so gorgeous...

Dina
Co-Owner Amityville Apothecary
www.shopamityvilleapothecary.com
Instagram | TikTok @AmityvilleApothecary

Podcast: Apothecary After Dark (YouTube & Spotify)
Message 5 of 9
Super Seller Alumni

It's been on my to-do list for forever and a day to update our Stories section on our site. Thank you for the timely reminder, @AdamB

Message 6 of 9
Super Seller

Very nice site....

Jacqueline
Owner of Jackie's Uniquely U Boutique
Message 7 of 9
Beta Member

Thanks Jacqueline..... Its been a journey.

Symphony Lyricist
Message 8 of 9
Beta Member

Hey @AdamB Thanks for the feedback.  Still a work in progress that I think a need a Square web designing professional to design.  

Symphony Lyricist
Message 9 of 9