x
Admin

Featured Square Online Site: Bentspoke Brewing, Co

Hello! Every other week, I will be featuring rad sites built using Square Online by sellers like you. It’s a great way to pick up tips that you can incorporate into your own site!

This week we’re taking a look at @PeterW's online ordering site for Bentspoke Brewing Co, based out of Canberra in Australia. 

The first point I want to highlight is how well the colors and backgrounds of the site match the branding of the business. I’ve mentioned this with other sites I’ve featured, and this is because it’s that important in my opinion. Consistent branding is the glue that visually holds your entire site together.

AdamB_0-1632240732278.png

Note the use of complimentary fonts and background colors. They also use a background image that fits their brand, and tastefully use it only in the header and bottom of the site.

The second point I want to draw your attention to is the custom domain name, shop.bentspoke.beer. A custom domain will always add a level of professionalism to a site. However, you can do more than just that by choosing a domain name extension other than .com. 

AdamB_1-1632240731996.png

A domain extension like .beer has a twofold effect: it’s memorable, and it tells anyone who sees it that this website is going to have something to do with beer. It also may allow you to get a shorter or more accurate domain. For example, bentspoke.com is already owned by someone, but bentspoke.beer keeps the shortness and substitutes in a word that provides additional context.

The last point I want to make isn’t about the site design, but about the products themselves. Whether you provide services, sell products, or serve food and beverages, merch is something you should consider selling. 

AdamB_2-1632240731995.png

Merchandise will do a couple things for you:

1. Promote your business as customers sport your brand with pride.
  2. Provide you with additional revenue.

What do you think? Let me know in the comments below! Let me know if you have a site you want to nominate - just send me a private message (hover over my username, then click on the button in the popup to send a message)!

For more in this series, see:

Featured Square Online Site: Sheek Studio

Featured Square Online Site: Whisky Run Golf Club

Featured Square Online Site: Fatback’s BBQ

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

I like the different ways Shop Gift Packs and Core Range are done. 

It's pretty cool how when hovering over a can it changes to a six pack!

Message 2 of 3
Admin

I'm glad I'm not the only person who noticed the change to 6-packs! 😂

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 3 of 3