x
Admin

Featured Square Online Site: Fatback’s BBQ

Hello Sellers! Every other week, I will be featuring rad sites built using Square Online by Sellers like you. It’s a great way to pick up tips that you can incorporate into your own site!

This week we’re going to look at the online ordering page for Fatback’s BBQ that Super Seller @Devin3627 created:

AdamB_0-1628620793710.png

https://order.fatbacksbbq.com

The first thing you’ll notice is how well the site matches the branding of Fatback’s BBQ. The background image, font, and colors are all the same as you’d see on packaging right at the restaurant. Consistent branding not only looks professional but creates a more seamless experience for your customers whether they buy online or in-person.

The next thing that stood out to me were the item images. If you like BBQ, you’re mouth will water when you see these:

AdamB_1-1628620793838.png

Holy moly.

This is super important with food where customers will want to see what they’re going to eat. This applies to essentially anything you sell online even if it's not incredibly tasty BBQ. The more your customer feels like they are looking at the item in person, the better.

The last point I will highlight is the organization of the categories. They’re laid out in what (to me, at least), is an order that makes sense. The first two categories are merch and time-sensitive specials.

It’s potatoes for me as I write this… I love potatoes… Sorry, I was distracted. 😬

AdamB_2-1628620793642.png

After the potatoes… er, specials, you see meals in increasing sizes, and finally sides and extras. This is a pattern you’ll see repeated in printed menus, too, so it’s an intuitive sequence for a person to order from.

What do you think? Let me know in the comments below! Let me know if you have a site you want to nominate - just send me a private message (hover over my username, then click on the button in the popup to send a message)!

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 1 of 41
40 REPLIES 40
Super Seller Alumni

Looks great with some really great tips thrown in - thanks so much  for featuring them and giving us some great ideas!

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 2 of 41
Super Seller Alumni

Thanks @pessosices! Let me know if I can help in any way!

Message 3 of 41
Super Seller

+1, Yeah that's some mouth watering food right there.  Looking forward to seeing more featured sites!

Dan
Scorpion Coating Plus,LLC
Square Super Seller
Check out Square support center for additional help.
Message 4 of 41

I wish I could edit the website with more detail. it has a lot of limitations of how we can make it look!

Message 5 of 41
Admin

Thanks for your comment, @sliceofitaleigh. Keep any suggestions about the website editor in mind - I'd like to do an event soon in which those suggestions will be topical. Stay tuned!

Adam
Message 6 of 41
Super Seller Alumni

It does! As a web developer it's one of the more frustrating things for me to deal with. However, I will say there are some much more simple hacks of making things the way you want them now! Far better than before. Is there something in particular you are struggling with? Perhaps I could help ya out!

Message 7 of 41
Beta Member

The photos are mouth watering.  Did you "do-it-yourself"?

Message 8 of 41
Super Seller Alumni

Thank you @KKGFBB ! I did:) That was pre-understanding what photography really was haha. So a lot of those photos are below desirability. However, you gotta run with what you can do! 

It's obviously a pretty extensive process, we have over 100 items in total on our catalog, so it can be exhausting. Make it, take it, edit it, it's a lot. Let me know if you ever need any pointers! I love helping out!

Message 9 of 41
Beta Member

Nice work.  Thanks for the offer.

Message 10 of 41

Hi how do you get customers to your site any suggestions please 

Message 11 of 41
Admin

Hi @Crystalwalls. I did a quick search and found a best answer for tips to get traffic to your site. I recommend reading through the thread for additional ideas, too.

Adam
Message 12 of 41
Super Seller

I love the front page, from the background watermark that overlays the solid color background, to the silhouette plate of food. Very well done! I'm curious about the technical way this was created? Is this a Weebly site or another 3rd party site that is connected to their Square account? I too wish there were more graphic and visual controls to my Weebly hosted site.

Oh, and I'm not even mentioning the food. I'm too distraught over not being able to get some of this deliciousness. It goes without saying the photos/food look fabulous. 🍽

Message 13 of 41
Super Seller Alumni

Hhaha, thanks Charlie! This site was actually built and is still on Weebly!

The only thing I pay for is the domain name upgrade for brand reasons. However, yes! Big, beautiful, brand slamming background images always sit well with your customers. That's definitely not the first picture I had up there, but after sharpening our brand over and over, it's stuff like that that really matters! Let me know if you'd like any advice or info on how to implement anything!

Honestly, none of it's magic, however, it really helps to be a designer and a web engineer!

Message 14 of 41
Super Seller

Its a great looking site for sure! I'll have to spend some more time in the page design area in Weebly. I have a weebly site but I always feel like my design controls are constrained. I spent over 20 years in print graphic design, and did some web design years ago when Dreamweaver was going strong, but at this point in my business I find it's just easier to use whatever WYSIWYG or drag & drop design tools are provided by websites I'm using. Thanks for the inspiration!

Message 15 of 41
Super Seller Alumni

Yeah totally! You've got a lot of nice imagery on your site as well. I just now got to looking at it! With Weebly's new snippets API, which i haven't even used really yet, but I know it was something I was definitely waiting on! It helps with design stuff for sure. 

But I hear ya, it's super quick to whip something up these days and in a few minutes have something that looks pretty decent!

Let me know if you ever need anything or have questions!:)

Message 16 of 41
Beta Member

The best free tier square site there is or will be:

https://best-stringing.square.site

🎾🎾🎾

USPTA Certified Tennis Coach and Tennis Racket Stringing in New York and Staten Island. https://beststringing.com
Message 17 of 41
Admin

Not going to lie, @BestStringing. A machine that strings tennis rackets fascinates me! There should be a segment of the TV show "How it's Made" on that. 🙂

Adam
Message 18 of 41
Beta Member

How do you customize font to match logo style?  I his homepage image, but it's not clear to me if he did that with the square site, or if that was 3rd party work.  Do you have any insight into these questions?

Message 19 of 41
Admin

Hi, @sotexbbqco! Our help article on choosing fonts in Square Online talks about uploading your own custom font.

Adam
Message 20 of 41
Super Seller Alumni

I do! Sorry for the delay in response @sotexbbqco :).

This platform is still built all on the back of Weebly! 

The font style change is pretty simple now, you just go to Edit Site > Site Design > Fonts > (2 bar menu in top right) > "Add or Manage Fonts" on the bottom of that slide. Just upload your .otf file from your computer or download the font from Google or whatever your font source.

It's totally all me:) Let me know if you need any help! I'd be happy to help!

Message 21 of 41