x
Admin

Featured Square Online Site: Paste & Rind Cheese Co.

Hello! Every other week, I will be featuring rad sites built using Square Online by sellers like you. It’s a great way to pick up tips that you can incorporate into your own site!

This week we’re going to take a look at the website for Paste & Rind Cheese Co, created by @Brie-Yonce.

The first item I want to draw your attention to is the site navigation. There’s a sweet spot for the number of items in your site navigation, but it varies depending on the individual site. You should avoid having more than 7 items or so, but other than that it really depends on your business. You should determine what is the minimum number of items needed to put the most important pages in front of visitors.

AdamB_0-1652991962776.png

In the case of Paste and Rind, this means only four items and a highly visible shop now button.

Tip: Enabling the button in your navigation is a great way to reduce the number of items and also add an eye-catching element in one move.

Directly underneath is the next item I want to highlight: the main banner section. The main banner section in Square Online has a few different text fields you can use in addition to adding buttons.

AdamB_1-1652991963043.png

One of the keys to making this section be visually appealing and function optimally is using the right amount of text in each section. The label and headline fields should be used for very small amounts of text such as a short catch phrase or the business name. The field called “text” is the appropriate place to write something a little longer.

The last item I want to call out is the “upcoming events” section on the homepage. This was created using the Embed code section.

AdamB_2-1652991962998.png

With the embed code section, you can add all kinds of unique content to your online store. In the case of Paste and Rind it’s a calendar provided by Tockify, but there are many more types of content and services you can use with the section. If there’s something you want to add to your site but don’t see a section for it, try Googling for an embeddable widget - you might find one that will work with this section.

What do you think? Let me know in the comments below! Let me know if you have a site you want to nominate - just send me a private message (hover over my username, then click on the button in the popup to send a message)!

For more in this series, see the list of featured site posts.

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Super Seller

This site looks INCREDIBLE! imaginary kudos because I got rate limited

Matt - He/They
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question!
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services
Message 2 of 8
Super Seller

Love the design of the website. I like how the featured items entice you with the photos, then you can hover over to see the names and prices.

The trolley boxes are absolutely beautiful. I really like the design of this section with the titles on the left and descriptions on the right: 

Screen Shot 2022-05-24 at 7.43.16 PM.png

But most of all I love the About Us section. Connecting and relating to your customers is extremely important and having a great story is important for any small business. 

Message 3 of 8
Super Seller

Beautiful site...Congrats

Jacqueline
Owner of Jackie's Uniquely U Boutique
Message 4 of 8
Super Seller

Looks great! I would be in trouble with a local cheese subscription service... I LOVE cheese. Have you ever thought about adding a few little gift type retail items to your site/booths? I would think Faire would be a great place to find little fun things like my favorite oven mitt...just a thought. Also Adam... thank you for laying out the steps when you explain something... it really helps us that are not so computer literate.

-Abby

Screen Shot 2022-05-25 at 2.38.52 PM.png

Abby
Owner, Abigail's Gift Boutique and Abigail's Boutique St. Louis, MO
https://www.facebook.com/abigailsgiftboutique
https://www.instagram.com/abigails_stl/
Message 5 of 8
Super Seller

I love the idea of using embedded codes...now I know what my next Google search will be that will have me up all night...LOL dreaming of possibilities! Thanks for the tips @AdamB 

Message 6 of 8
Super Seller

Cheese delivery sounds like a dream.  

Saving that calendar embed for a future event.  I love finding new ways to update my site. 

Doran

Esthetician
Haute Beauty Guide
Message 7 of 8
Super Seller

Nice clean looking site.  Knowing about the calendar widget is a great feature we've been looking for.  We offer classes and this would be a great way to communicate their dates and times

Message 8 of 8