x
Admin

Featured Square Online Site: Pushpin Collaborative, Co.

Hello! Every other week, I will be featuring rad sites built using Square Online by sellers like you. It’s a great way to pick up tips that you can incorporate into your own site!

This week we’re going to take a look at the website for Pushpin Collaborative Co, created by @Katie_Jane.

I’m excited to show this site to you because Pushpin is making use of event items. Events are a useful tool to help get customers into your store. These items are designed and displayed differently than other items, highlighting information that would be relevant to anyone wanting to attend.  

AdamB_0-1650407017342.png

You can actually find these listed on both the home and a dedicated events page, which is a great way to make sure that potential attendees can easily find them. 

One additional thing I want to point out about Pushpin’s events are the images used with each. They look like paper flyers you’d see stapled up around town.

AdamB_1-1650407017631.png

This is a really great way to reinforce details about the event but also make them feel like real-world events. It’s a way of bringing something tangible from the physical world into the digital world.

This brings me to the last and related topic. On the homepage are several great images of the inside of the store.

AdamB_2-1650407017608.png

When I look at these photos, I get a real sense of what it would be like to stand right in the room and browse through everything. The compositions are individually very dynamic - some are closeups, some are distance shots, some are right in the middle, etc. All of them combined gives me a solid impression of what it’s like being there in person.

What do you think? Let me know in the comments below! Let me know if you have a site you want to nominate - just send me a private message (hover over my username, then click on the button in the popup to send a message)!

For more in this series, see the list of featured site posts.

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Hey I really liked seeing this! Would be a great feature to use when I announce my grand opening! Can you tell me how to set something like this up?

KEENA TENORIO
Message 2 of 7
Beta Member

Thank you for sharing, Adam! Can we expect new sites to be featured monthly? As a new Square Online website designer, I look forward to seeing how designers are overcoming limitations with creative design. 

Message 3 of 7
Admin

That's great! Yes, I will be doing another one soon. I usually do one to two a month.
Adam
Message 4 of 7
Super Seller

@AdamB I just happened upon this series, and am looking forward to you continuing it.  You mentioned Event Items in this post.  I have a use case that I can not figure out how to use these, because my Events are not paid events, just informational.

Every Friday & Saturday from  Memorial Day weekend until the end of August, we book live bands on our outdoor Garden Bar Stage.  These are free of charge — people just show up.  But we’d like to provide more information, bios, etc, about the bands we book.  If you look at my web site (Entertainment page) you’ll see that I just use an item list to present a red button that visitors can link to to go to an external page).  Of course, I’d rather just beef up the information I’m presenting — including a photo gallery, bio, dates/times, links to their social media, etc.   And I love to have an automatically generated summary page/calendar for these.

What I have now works, but I’m wondering if I’m missing something more elegant and visually appealing.

Thanks!

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook

“Take what you like, take what works, leave the rest!”
Message 5 of 7
Admin

Hi @TheRealChipA.

Since there isn't a way to hide the price or purchase/attend button on event item pages, it might be worth checking out some event app integrations in the Square App Marketplace. From the descriptions, some of these call out customization options so you might find one that will let you have all the information you want but not display irrelevant information.

Adam
Message 6 of 7
Super Seller

I sort of thought that was going to be the case.  I’ll definitely look those over, but I wanted to be sure I wasn’t missing something very obvious before I do.  Thanks!

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook

“Take what you like, take what works, leave the rest!”
Message 7 of 7