x
Admin

Featured Square Online Site: Revival Vintage Bottle Shop

Hello! Every other week, I will be featuring rad sites built using Square Online by sellers like you. It’s a great way to pick up tips that you can incorporate into your own site!

This week we’re going to take a look at the website and online store for Revival, a vintage bottle shop in Kentucky. This week, I’m focusing on making a strong first impression with the header of your site.

AdamB_0-1642715059640.png

The first item I want to call attention to is the combination of a background image and the image of the bottles on the right. Even though the image on the right has a border, it’s still transparent. This allows more of the background to show so it feels less like a blocky image slapped on the page. Together, they present a professional look that wouldn’t be out of place in a glossy magazine spread.

AdamB_1-1642715059641.png

Next, let’s take a closer look at the site navigation menu. The human brain can typically analyze and hold between 5 - 9 items in memory at a given time. In total, there are 7 items if you count text links and the search and cart icons - right in the middle of the range, and just enough to highlight important information without being overwhelming. As a visual bonus, the six text links also fit evenly between the icons and the site logo.

AdamB_2-1642715059558.png

Finally, notice the banner at the top of the site. It’s being used purely to communicate information rather than to promote or entice sales; banners are really useful whenever you want to get something front-and-center for visitors. This banner is a great example of how to be highly visible yet unobtrusive.

What do you think? Let me know in the comments below! Let me know if you have a site you want to nominate - just send me a private message (hover over my username, then click on the button in the popup to send a message)!

For more in this series, see:

Featured Square Online Site: Tend Greenpoint

Featured Square Online Site: Salsa Saint

Featured Square Online Site: The Benev

Featured Square Online Site: Bradley’s Orchard

Featured Square Online Site: Miette Patisserie & Confiserie

Featured Square Online Site: Bentspoke Brewing, Co

Featured Square Online Site: Sheek Studio

Featured Square Online Site: Whisky Run Golf Club

Featured Square Online Site: Fatback’s BBQ

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

I'm so confused!  I've been trying to make my header like this site's.  I want my header larger like this with a big photo.  When I go in to add or make changes my header is like an inch in  height.  What am I doing wrong? 

Message 2 of 6

replying to say I figured it out.  make the header transparent and xl photo in main header.  I didn't know header could be transparent.  just in case anyone else needed to know,

Message 3 of 6
Admin

Glad to hear that you figured it out, @dustytreesoap!

Adam
Message 4 of 6
Super Seller

@AdamB I have 11 items in my nav bar.  Should I delete a few?

Doran

Esthetician
Haute Beauty Guide
Message 5 of 6
Admin

It's something to consider, although there's always exceptions. Which site are you working on?

Adam
Message 6 of 6