x
Admin

Featured Square Online Site: SheekStudio.com

Hello! 👋 Every other week, I will be featuring rad sites built using Square Online by sellers like you. It’s a great way to pick up tips that you can incorporate into your own site!

This week we’re taking a look at SheekStudio.com, the website for New Jersey-based Sheek Studio.

Some businesses make heavy use of black as a background for branding, which means that they will likely want to use that as a background on their website. Sheek Studio’s logo would require that at least their navigation background be black:

AdamB_0-1631126379826.png

You can make further use of black as a background in other sections, though you’ll need to consider what your content looks like on top of it. The high contrast of black versus colors and text means that you need to be more minimalist with your content. 

Sheek Studio achieves this by keeping both backgrounds and text colors monochromatic. Using a white background for one section breaks up the page for a visitor, so they absorb information in smaller chunks. It also prevents your eye from being overwhelmed by too many contrasting colors.

AdamB_1-1631126380083.png

Another note about fonts: you’ll notice that there are only two fonts used. One font is used for the site navigation, and another font is used for all the site text. Using just two means that your brain doesn’t need to expend as much effort mapping the font to letters of the alphabet. Think of it like a computer, where it needs to use more memory and processing power to handle the extra fonts.

One final touch I wanted to call out is the inclusion of a statement and signature by salon owner Reyna Sheek.

AdamB_2-1631126379771.png

Just like on printed brochures, including a signature and statement on your website adds a nice personal touch. It helps you connect directly with your customers in a human way - this is really important when the communication method isn’t direct like a phone conversation or in-person chat.

What do you think? Let me know in the comments below! Let me know if you have a site you want to nominate - just send me a private message (hover over my username, then click on the button in the popup to send a message)!

For more in this series, see:

Featured Square Online Site: Whisky Run Golf Club

Featured Square Online Site: Fatback’s BBQ

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26

Hi Adam! How does one get featured on this? This would absolutely awesome. I have been using square since I opened by business and use everything square has to offer for my salon. I would absolutely love this! 

Message 2 of 27
Admin

Thanks for the comment, @Lisaa08mo! Send me a private message with the website address of your Square Online site and I'll add it to the list. Due to volume I can't guarantee what sites are featured, but I greatly appreciate you sending yours over!

Adam
Message 3 of 27

I had no idea you could add signatures likes that  or even make a website ?

Message 4 of 27
Admin

With Square Online you can set up a website for your business for free, @pinkflame00😊

The signature in the screenshot was done by making an image of the screenshot and uploading that.

Adam
Message 5 of 27

Hi Adam! 

I have been using square for my business since I opened. I will be venturing out and opening my own salon by the end of the year. I love the layout for this salon! Do you offer assistance with that?

Message 6 of 27
Beta Member

This is a bit confusing 

Message 7 of 27

Adam, I am so not tech savvy , I would appreciate any help you could give me about my online Square site !..lol 

Thank you , Tiffany St. John 

Message 8 of 27
Admin

What is the address of your website, @tiffanyskincare, and what are you having trouble with? 

Adam
Message 9 of 27
Beta Member

The website looks great and user friendly. easy to navigate!

Message 10 of 27

AdamB, Thanks for this information! I will be creating a new website on the Square platform. Or really, I could use the help of someone tech-savy to do this for me. I'm much better at serving people in my day spa--I'm a people person.  But how do I get in touch w a Square-experienced, creative type who can help me do the computer work to set up my own new website?

Message 11 of 27
Admin

Hey @SonjaGregory! You might want to check out 99designs - we partnered with them to offer design services for Square Online for busy business owners.

Adam
Message 12 of 27

Thx! I’ll check it out

Message 13 of 27

Adam

So I have a WIX website now and I noticed how much I am paying for it annually.  When it expires, I would like to have Square host it, at a level above the free offering. If I start working on my free online presence w Square right now, I just might be in a good position to go to a paid online Square presence when my WIX subscription expires.  At least that's my goal.  Here's my question: I see I already have a presence on Square under Wrap Me Day Spa. My domain name (w WIX) is wrapmelex.com. When I transfer hosting to Square early next year, that's the domain name I want to continue using because it is well established and already paid for (not much of an expense, though) through 2023. So, it looks to me like I need to change my name that appears online with my current Square account to Wrap Me Lex, as it now appears as Wrap Me Day Spa.  I need advise, because I want to make the transition early next year as seamlessly as possible for my clients. Do I need to start all over w my free Square online presence, or is there a way to edit the name from Wrap Me Day Spa to Wrap Me Lex? Or should I consider leaving it (w it's identity as a spa.  Sometimes I get people calling me looking for car wraps, etc)? I appreciate your direction/advise. I am 10 years in business and WrapMeLex is well-established, and appears in SO MANY places already.

Message 14 of 27

Adam

I don't know.  I'm rethinking this because I see it will cost me an additional $25/month to send email campaigns through Square. And it was looking so good, right up until that point.  There's not a pricing plan w this Square website hosting that includes so many free emails to send/per month is there? 

Message 15 of 27

Love the black and the signature ❤️ are we able to add links on our website? I’m trying to add the Instagram shopping link but I have no idea where to place it 

Message 16 of 27
Admin

Hi, @Terrife! Yes, you can add links in a lot of places, like your site navigation, in text, and with images and buttons. Did you simply want to link to your Instagram profile, or did you want to include images and be able to tag them for shopping?

Adam
Message 17 of 27

This is great info. My website can use a facelift. Thanks!!!

Message 18 of 27

Nice!!! I actually love it. And I do enjoy the free website and how easy it is to use. I know there's more to come for square and i cant wait

Message 19 of 27
Beta Member

Love the way this is set up! Mine doesn't even come close to this, I need a class! 

Message 20 of 27

I'm having issues with hiding the menu bar at the top of my opening page.. is there a way to remove the header on just the welcome page?

Spa1669.com 

Message 21 of 27