x
Beta Member

Feedback around Square Online Store

I'm not sure if I should be on the weebly site or this one in a forum. So since the acquisition of the weebly company. I did not understand the purpose of pushing our websites over to them, when clearly a lot of things were not in place like they should be, especially for retail use. I have been a square user for like 9 years & I have always pushed for ppl to use it because it was perfect for starting a business. The fact that they gave you the ability to start a website along with accepting card payments & doing invoices was awesome. The Web setup was fairly easy & straight to the point, very clean and direct. Fast forward to now when the company weebly was acquired, and to a ecommerce business that is a great announcement. So I started my transition over & started to learn about the changes & upgrades.

1. The changeover was fairly simple and not complicated to make. So I was happy about that part. But the new features and layout was a little overwhelming. Probably needs a tutorial to walk you through a lot of the stuff.

2. The upgrades are cool, I opted for the top package. But the only reason I did that was because what I needed was in the top package. Which honestly when you compare the packages it's only like 2 things more than the middle package or something like that. Which in my opinion it should be more things (but that's another rant).

So let's get to the point. The transition should not have been made without key things in place.

1. The syncing of the website & square sales app should have been flawless. When I make changes to either or they should both change not one or the other. Especially price changes. How are you gonna change a price or have the option to make a sale price. But when I'm out in the field making sales with app, those sale prices do not come up?

2. Reviews, why do people have to wait for 2 weeks til they can file a review? That completely make no sense at all. Also they don't even get that option if they purchase in person.

3. What happen to the html codes if you wanna go with a different web company?

4. Why can't you sign in on weebly site with your square sign in? You should be able to instead of having to go through a hyper link.

5. Does the weebly site have features that we can not obtain because we are going through the square account?

6.Why have the top package, but then find out you have to pay more money when you click on certain sections. That really is a bummer when your trying to use a feature & it does not work because more mny is needed.

I know the plan is to fine tune as time goes on. But I really feel that major things have been over looked & should not have been. Then I get emails of all the new thing's that are irrelevant. It's like building a terrible car & trying to cover it up with a lot of options.

Well sorry for the long rant, I'm not that good at typing. More of a talker. 

**title of this post has been edited by a moderator to provide more clarify on content in post.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

@LMinc

Thank you so much for your reply here. I think all of the things that you are bringing up are a valid, and maybe our team can help shed some light on the changes. 

Since you posted this in the Beta Forum, I'll move this post over to our Square Online board so that the team which works directly on Square Online, can answer and escalate this feedback. Hopefully, they can also clarify some of this so that it is a better experience for you.

As far as if you post here in Beta Community or in the regular forums, either is totally fine. We'll just move it around to the place that is best suited for feedback/visibility for this. 

Please continue to let us know how to make the experience smoother for you as well as your feedback. It's valued and appreciated.

kellyj
Technical Program Manager: AI
Square Inc
Message 2 of 2