x

Force an item to top of 'newest'

Hi. So I have products in my online store arranged in categories. Each category page is automatically set to display in order of 'newest' item which is mostly ok.

However, not all products are around all the time (eg seasonal) so I make them 'unavailable' which hides them from the store.

Does anyone know of a workaround to this: When some seasonal products come back in, I'd like to make them 'visible' and appear top of the Newest list.

I currently have to recreate the product again from scratch - uploading images, re-doing descriptions and reallocating categories to bump a product back up the Newest visibility list.

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 2
Report Inappropriate Content
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hi @JayAshton - thanks for your post!

I see what you are looking for, I'm not sure if there is a way to automatically class the newly unhidden products as new. 

What might work though would be editing the item slightly while you are unhiding it. Just edit/un-edit the title slightly and then save it, that may automatically mark the item as new in the system. 

Let me know if you can try it and if it works, it's slightly long-winded but better than creating brand new items each time. 

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question
Message 2 of 2
Report Inappropriate Content