x

Full Country, not Country Code

Hi Square Community

I'm hoping somebody can help me please 🙂

Most of my orders are from customers overseas. The "shipping address" in my orders section is only displaying the country code, not the full country name eg. "ES" for Spain; "CA" for Canada; etc. How do I get the shipping address to display the full country name please? For the customer in Spain, I had to Google the country code and was so worried ES wasn't actually Spain, I emailed her to double-check. This is not a good use of my time and I'm hoping there is a way to display the full country name so I don't have to repeat this in the future.

Thank you

Sarah, Bohemian Ways xxxx

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hey @sjh2010,

Thanks for writing back in to the community 👋

Can you share a link to your website so we can take a look? When testing this on my test site, counties listed displayed like this: 

While we wouldn't be able to troubleshoot on your site settings, I'd like to try visiting your site on a few different browsers to see if that changes anything! 

Message 2 of 4

Hi Arie

This is what I see:-

sjh2010_0-1627200154047.png

sjh2010_1-1627200383263.png

As you can see, the country code is displayed, not the country name. It's like this for all my orders. I want to note, that when the customer places an order, they see the country name (not the country code) so I don't think it's browser related and it's more of a settings issue (or another bug LOL). 

My website link is www.bohemianways.com.au

Thank you.

Sarah 

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Thank you for sending this through, @sjh2010! I see what you mean now- I initially thought this was from the customers end, rather than in your dashboard. 

The way the country code is displayed when you receive an order in your dashboard can't be edited to show the full country name. I've passed your feedback on to the team. In the meantime, you can refer to this list of country abbreviations. 

Thanks for bringing this to our attention! 

Message 4 of 4