x
Admin

Get More Expert Feedback on Your Square Online Store

AdamB_0-1629842222495.jpeg

Hello again! 👋 This meme has nothing to do with this post, but it appeals to my sense of humor and is somewhat related because… fonts!

A few weeks ago, I asked sellers like you to share your Square Online site and get expert feedback. It was a lot of fun - thank you to everyone who commented looking for advice.

If you missed it the first time around, now is your chance to get expert advice for your own store. Comment below and share the website address of your store, and I’ll provide advice and tips you can use to up your game! 😁

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 1 of 193
192 REPLIES 192

Hi Adam ! I'll try this again 🙂 https://solitude-beauty-wellness-llc.square.site/

I haven't had my site up for too long, but I'd love your expert feedback.

Message 2 of 193
Admin

Hi, @BXgirl72! Thanks so much for commenting! 😃

Your site looks great! I really like how your header section uses colors from your logo. Your homepage has a nice flow to it and you're making good use of backgrounds where appropriate. 

Did you have anything in mind for your footer? It's a little empty-looking right now to my eyes, which isn't a problem so much as an opportunity to consolidate space a bit. You could try switching to a different footer layout that includes a contact form so you don't need the separate form above it. You could also turn on the credit card icons for a little visual flare, although that's only available for certain layouts.

Adam
Message 3 of 193

Hi Adam, I'd love to have you review my site! I can get people to visit but not many to purchase.

446-leatherworks.com 

Message 4 of 193
Admin

Not a problem, @jjray69! Thank you for making products to support firefighters.

A few things you could try doing:

1. I would make an "about us" page and put the text you have on your home page on that, along with some images from your shop. It adds a nice human touch seeing the person or persons who make the items someone is going to buy. I think this might be particularly helpful for you because it's hand-crafted leatherwork that pulls on a long historical tradition.

2. This is more of a style preference for me, but you might try making the background of your navigation area and footer the same grey color that is the background of your logo. It will make your logo look less like a rectangle sitting on a black background and more like it's incorporated into both sections.

3. Do you have more customer reviews? You have one on the home page, which is great, but adding one or two more would be fantastic.

4. I would add more images of your items in general. If it was me, I might even use something like Square Photo Studio and get a bunch of different photos so you could use some for item pages, and others just in different places on the website.

Adam
Message 5 of 193

Thank you very much! I'll be making those changes shortly. 

Message 6 of 193

some photos are not properly showed by square, i dont know how to fix it 

https://www.oficinatuya.com/product/pinza-amperimetrica-digital-mt87/275?cp=true&sa=true&sbp=false&q...

Message 7 of 193
Admin

Thanks for your post, @oficinatuya. How large is the image you uploaded for your item? It looks like the original image is small and is being blown up larger than the original dimensions. Make sure your product images are all at least 800 pixels by 800 pixels and they shouldn't look blurry or pixelated.

Adam
Message 8 of 193

Thank you so much for your feed back! I made a couple of those suggested changes. 

Message 9 of 193
Admin

Fantastic, @BXgirl72😁

Adam
Message 10 of 193
Beta Member

Hi Adam! I’d love some feedback and advice! My url is www.Jillighted.com. It redirects to my Square store. Thanks!! 😘

Message 11 of 193
Admin

Thanks for sharing your site, @Jillighted.

You're doing really great - nice logo, by the way! The look of your site is nice and cohesive, your product photos are nice, and everything is organized well. Two thoughts that I had after looking through your site:

1. The background of one of the sections on the home page has the Paparazzi logo and some social icons as part of the image. Some people may see that and think they can click on those, so you may want to consider a different background (or no background - it would look just fine without it).

2. Do you have any customer reviews, or comments from people that have joined your group? Including those adds a nic human touch.

Adam
Message 12 of 193
Beta Member

Thank you so much for the feedback! I’ll work on updating these along with some suggestion I’ve seen you make to others. Thank you for taking the time to help us!

Message 13 of 193
Admin

You're welcome! I'm glad you found this helpful! 🙂

Adam
Message 14 of 193
Beta Member

Hi @AdamB this is a wonderful opportunity!

I would love for the community to review my business site https://best-stringing.square.site and comment on any discontinuity! 🙂

Truly yours, in perpetuity.

USPTA Certified Tennis Coach and Tennis Racket Stringing in New York and Staten Island. https://beststringing.com
Tags (2)
Message 15 of 193
Admin

Hi again, @BestStringing! I'm still marveling at the stringing machine. 🙂

A few thoughts after looking through your site:

1. This might just be me, but I find it a little hard to read the white text in your header. I like the background image, though, so maybe you could use that with a different section on the page. It's okay to have a small section with just an image background and no other content as long as it's not too big.

2. In your footer you have a copyright and social icons, both of which are good, but it feels a little empty. Maybe you could add a logo and some links to your store categories?

Adam
Message 16 of 193
Beta Member

@AdamB Thank you!

USPTA Certified Tennis Coach and Tennis Racket Stringing in New York and Staten Island. https://beststringing.com
Message 17 of 193
Beta Member

Hi Adam,

I will give this a shot. My site is www.naplesuniformstore.com

, Andy, Uniforms Unlimited

Message 18 of 193
Admin

Hi, @Andy212FL

This is a toughie because I think your site already looks great. Two things you could consider, if you think you are ready for them, is a custom domain name and removing the "powered by Square" footer. These are less about making your site look good visually so much as controlling the branding. This would require paying yearly for the domain and a site upgrade, so it may or may not be something you want to budget for yet.

Adam
Message 19 of 193

Message 20 of 193
Admin

Thanks for sharing, @K_Archibald! I'm really happy to see someone selling art! 🙂

First off, your site is really nice. It's a struggle to find suggestions! I think the only thing I might suggest is with the text you have on the homepage underneath your instagram feed. It feels to me like it becomes a little lost. You could consider using one or two sections to display that information. If there's a graphic for the groups your are members of, it might look nice including those.

Oh, one more thing: you could include a contact form as well to make it easier for customers to contact you. 

P.S. I've never been to Maine but it has a special place in my heart thanks to Stephen King. 

Adam
Message 21 of 193