x

Having issues linking business instagram on the Square web business page

I am setting up a new Square web page for my business, (currently using another provider).  I am trying to link my business instagram but it is only allowing me to link my personal instagram page.  (I switch from one to the other) My business one is a business insta profile.  I can't seem to find out how to switch when linking to Square web page profile.  Square help sent me a document but it really just states that you must have a business profile, which I do, but it doesn't tell you how to make the switch when your both accounts are linked with one email. ?  I'd love to hear if anyone else has done this as I'm sure there are others with the same issue.  Thanks 

Message 1 of 7
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

Hi @Beehappy1,

Not sure if you've got this working yet or not, but there is this help guide available to step your through the process: Add an Instagram Section to Square Online | Square Support Centre - AU (squareup.com)

We had major issues with Facebook's stupid robotic verification system randomly blocking our business account after several months of being fine and then failing to let us verify it (wouldn't recognise our ASIC registration as a legal business document - very stupid!). But what it meant was our booking link (which connects our Square Appointments on Instagram to show the 'Book Now' button, was broken and Facebook wouldn't let us reconnect it until our account was verified, and this was a popular way our customers booked so it was very frustrating!). It was also not giving us an obvious error to try and figure out why it was happening.

The reason I mention this, is I had to dig in our Facebook Business account to figure this out for myself (we got no notification or anything that there was a problem with our Facebook (and Instagram) account), I found it under this Commerce area of Facebook Business Manager > Settings > Business Info: https://business.facebook.com/settings/info 

I'd have a look around in there and just check it all looks ok, because it sort of sounds similar to what happened with our account and it was stepping us through the connection process but then wouldn't let us select the business profile with no reason at all. It took weeks to get Facebook to sort it out (their support is also so bad!!).

See how you go, hopefully this helps somewhat!

Proud Australian Square Super Seller and users of Square AppointmentsSquare POSSquare OnlineSquare ReaderSquare Stand

We use Square with integrations for Xero by AmakaPrintful / We have used Squarespace • Shopify • WooCommerce • QuickBooks and more!

Dieter Slicke is a boutique barber shop by appointment only with our own range of Australian made hair and skin care products

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Admin

Hey @Beehappy1,

Thanks for getting in touch and sorry to hear you're having trouble linking to Instagram!

While I've not used this integration before, have you tried ensuring you're currently switched to being logged into your business account when you try and sync the two? My thoughts are maybe if you're currently on your personal profile profile, it will pick whatever is the default that you're currently logged into.

That said, if you've tried this already, it may have to do with what Instagram considers the "master" account, if you're using the same email address from both accounts. Unfortunately I don't have any experience here, so hoping another seller familiar with how this works may chime in!

Also, have you tried filing a support ticket with Instagram? They may be able to provide some further advice! After doing some digging, it may also be impacted by the Facebook page connected to your Instagram business account.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 7

Hello @Beehappy1 , I am having the same issue. Did you ever figure it out? Thanks!

Message 3 of 7
Super Seller

Best Answer

Hi @Beehappy1,

Not sure if you've got this working yet or not, but there is this help guide available to step your through the process: Add an Instagram Section to Square Online | Square Support Centre - AU (squareup.com)

We had major issues with Facebook's stupid robotic verification system randomly blocking our business account after several months of being fine and then failing to let us verify it (wouldn't recognise our ASIC registration as a legal business document - very stupid!). But what it meant was our booking link (which connects our Square Appointments on Instagram to show the 'Book Now' button, was broken and Facebook wouldn't let us reconnect it until our account was verified, and this was a popular way our customers booked so it was very frustrating!). It was also not giving us an obvious error to try and figure out why it was happening.

The reason I mention this, is I had to dig in our Facebook Business account to figure this out for myself (we got no notification or anything that there was a problem with our Facebook (and Instagram) account), I found it under this Commerce area of Facebook Business Manager > Settings > Business Info: https://business.facebook.com/settings/info 

I'd have a look around in there and just check it all looks ok, because it sort of sounds similar to what happened with our account and it was stepping us through the connection process but then wouldn't let us select the business profile with no reason at all. It took weeks to get Facebook to sort it out (their support is also so bad!!).

See how you go, hopefully this helps somewhat!

Proud Australian Square Super Seller and users of Square AppointmentsSquare POSSquare OnlineSquare ReaderSquare Stand

We use Square with integrations for Xero by AmakaPrintful / We have used Squarespace • Shopify • WooCommerce • QuickBooks and more!

Dieter Slicke is a boutique barber shop by appointment only with our own range of Australian made hair and skin care products
Message 4 of 7

Hi, thanks so much for your reply.  I definitely will investigate this further, it was all too hard, so I ended up just giving up.

Will give this a go and hopefully may get a win.

Thanks so much for your time, happy new year 🙂

Message 5 of 7

im also having this issue - was workign fine then it just stopped and wont lalow me to link it when i click the link it shows my 3 instagram profiles but each time i select the one i want to link it just refreshes the pages and links nothing! 

Message 6 of 7
Square Community Moderator

Sorry to hear about the trouble here, @uniquewagons - have you had a chance to try the connection when logged into the Instagram account you're trying to connect? You can also try using a different browser, or device if you're getting stuck not able to select the account you're after. 

Message 7 of 7