x
Admin

Meet the Team: AdamB

Name: AdamB

Role: Community Manager

About Me:

Hello friends! 

You may have seen me around the Community before now, but if not, hello! My name is Adam. I’m the eCommerce Community Manager here at Square. I joined Square in 2018 as part of the Weebly acquisition, and I had been with Weebly since 2013. I built my first websites in the late 90s using text editing programs and free hosting (yes, I did use the occasional spinning skull gif). Things have evolved quite a lot since then! 🌐

In my free time, I'm a musician and guitar player who loves to write music that blurs the lines between genres. Fair warning: if you ask me about guitars I'll never stop talking.

I’m very excited to get to know you, your business and to discuss all things online store with you.

AdamB_0-1628114380664.jpegIMG_1981.jpeg

👆 This is me saying “hi” in my mind.

There are three key areas that I’m going to focus on with y’all:

Feedback 👂

Let’s talk! You know Square Online products better than anyone else, and you know what you love and what you don’t. We’re improving the Feature Request experience in the Seller Community, but that’s only part of the equation. Keep an eye out for posts from me seeking out your thoughts and opinions on a wide range of topics.

Resources 🗃

I will be adding to the library of helpful threads in the discussion board, giving you more resources to help you with your online store. I’ve already added some content to help folks new to Square Online, like the New to Square Online thread or the SEO: What to Know Before You Switch to Square Online thread. I’ll also be adding content to help those already familiar with Square Online who want to take their store to the next level.

Networking 🙌

The members of this Community are its core asset, and often you don’t realize until you do it just how much you can help each other. Sometimes all it takes is getting people talking! I’m going to build us all up together into a thriving network of online store owners - we’ll all succeed together!

Thanks for reading, and feel free to say hi in the comments! 🎸

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Super Seller

Hi @AdamB thanks for the introduction. I too have created some old school websites, but I only go back as far as the first release of Dreamweaver. I had the entire collection of Lynda's web books (if that helps date me) before she got too famous. But at this stage in my work/business I'm glad Square's web tools are pretty easy to use and don't require manual HTML fussing. Looking forward to reading and learning more about eCommerce news! Thanks!

Message 2 of 15
Admin

Dreamweaver was a lot of fun! I was only ever really able to demo it a bit so I didn't become that familiar otherwise. I do remember Lynda's books!

Adam
Message 3 of 15
Admin

🎉🎉🎉

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 4 of 15
Super Seller

Hey whats up Adam! 

Always had envy for people who build sites with code.  I've only "built" (edited) my wordpress site, which is time consuming but definitely not the same.

Your SEO thread is/should be a must read for anyone starting their online store, to get some basic info from.

Dan
Scorpion Coating Plus,LLC
Square Super Seller
Check out Square support center for additional help.
Message 5 of 15
Admin

Thank you for the kind words about the SEO considerations thread! Let me know if there's anything else that would make a great resource to have here as well.

As for Wordpress, you can do a lot with the platform but I always felt like it was over-engineered for the audience they seemed to want to target.

Adam
Message 6 of 15
Super Seller

@AdamB Do you go back as far as "what's your opinion on pcboard vs. wildcat! bbs software?"

Do you describe yourself as artistic or more technical?

Lastly, when is the next season of the witcher really coming out? (Looks suspiciously at the uncanny resemblance)

Thank you for what you do for us as sellers, especially during the pandemic.

Donnie-M

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 7 of 15
Admin

I'm familiar with those by name, but by the time I paid attention to forum software PHPbb was the shiny new toy on the scene. My first-hand experience is with vBulletin 3/4, and Xenforo 1/2, though.

You know, I've never played any of the Witcher games or watched the TV series, but someone else mentioned that to me. I guess it's the silver hair!

And you're welcome! I'm glad to be here and able to help. 🙂

Adam
Message 8 of 15
Super Seller

WW_HenryCavill_firstlook_219_DIGITAL_2.0_BW.jpg

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 9 of 15
Super Seller Alumni

Awesome to virtually meet you @AdamB! I haven't written code in 20 years or so, and man do I feel like a dinosaur with some of the new tech. There is so much to keep up on! I'm looking forward to hearing about some ideas on the horizon and how we can help support you. Cheers 🍻

Dan

A.W. Wander

Craft Beer Pub & Pizza Spot
Village of Manlius, NY

http://awwander.com
IG: @awwander
FB: @awwandermanlius
Message 10 of 15
Admin

That's great, @allwhowander! I probably wouldn't have either, but I bought some courses on Udemy.com for Vue and some other modern frameworks. It was a lot of fun!

Adam
Message 11 of 15

HI Adam, do you know why I cannot update inventory/edit an item in Square at the moment?  I get a message something is wrong on their end and I have been waiting an hour.  Square is very unreliable for us. 

kvk

Message 12 of 15
Admin

Sorry to hear that, @kvk. That's really frustrating! If you're still seeing that I would definitely contact our support team right away. Usually something like that goes away quickly.

Adam
Message 13 of 15
Admin

I checked around and it looks like there was an issue on our end earlier that caused this, but it should be fixed now @kvk. Let me know if you're still having trouble, though!

Adam
Message 14 of 15

Thx, Adam! 

Message 15 of 15