x

How do I let customers add a note to an item, or add a note to their Square Online order itself?

The title of this post has been edited from the original: New Square Online Store: How do I add a note to each online order product?

I need my customers to be able to add a name to each product ordered through the online store. 

I own a soda shop, and want them to be able to order ahead, but be able to add a name to each drink they order.  possible?

Message 1 of 136
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @MixtapeBushwick-

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community!

Within the Square Online Store, in Shared Settings > Checkout > Checkout Experience, click on the Edit customer inputs button. From there, check the option to Allow customer to leave a note to seller:

Screen Shot 2022-03-08 at 9.33.20 AM.png

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any additional questions about this. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!

View Best Answer >

Message 36 of 136
135 REPLIES 135

Hello - i am interested in having guests complete a free form text box to provide the location they are in in my large venue. In the checkout screen, or another screen, is there a way to have them input location or even a table number?

Message 85 of 136
Square Community Moderator

Hey @kpecor and welcome to the Seller Community!

I moved your post to an existing thread where I provided some information on where the text box is for customers to add a note when doing a checkout from the Online Store.

Check out my Best Answer below. There isn't a way to customize this field so customers would have to know to add this information there when they're checking out previously. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 86 of 136

Hi... we need to have our customers add detail about their order when they are checking out. There used to be a notes section in the checkout window but there isn't one anymore. Is there a way I can add one? thanks

Message 87 of 136

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Gift Message to include

Can I add a box at checkout to enable customers to indicate that what they are purchasing is a gift, and is there a place where they can write what they would like to include???

Message 88 of 136
Beta Member

Not that I know of right now, but this would be REALLY useful.

Heather (she/her)
Message 89 of 136
Alumni

@secondwindbb @MvilleSoapworks

Are you looking for an option to include a gift message in the Online Store? If so you,  have a couple options:

Enable Notes from the Online Store Dashboard under Settings > Checkout > Advanced Settings which displays a text box for customers to leave a note during checkout.

Or Create text modifiers which allows your shoppers to customize your gift item with custom text

I hope I'm understanding correctly. Let me know! 

Justin
Message 90 of 136
Alumni

Isabelle's Best Answer should help 🙂 @uwecadmissions

Justin
Message 91 of 136

If that thread doesn't resolve our issue, what else can we do?

Message 92 of 136
Admin

@PlantsAnimals Hmmmm. What browser are you using? Have you also tried to clear your cache and then check again?

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 93 of 136

How can I add a text box for customers to add delivery notes or allergies at checkout?

Message 94 of 136

HI, you can allow a note box following these steps

Online Dashboard, Settings, Checkout, far right Advanced Settings, popup scroll down to Checkout Options, Allow Customer To Leave Note To Seller.

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 95 of 136

I followed those steps and saved the checkout options page, but I don't see anything different at checkout.  Where is the box to leave a note supposed to be?

Message 96 of 136
Alumni

The Notes option is found on the checkout page, under the Review and Submit order section. @PD3

Screenshot 2021-01-21 at 1.34.44 PM.png

Justin
Message 97 of 136

The "Review and Submit Order" section doesn't appear if the customer is paying with Google Pay, Apple Pay, or has stored their information with Square. This is not helpful.

Message 98 of 136
Beta Member

I have the same issue as @escausey. We have the note box turned on and it works, but we'd like to for it appear and be available for use before the Apple and Google Pay buttons. Is there a plan in the works for that?

Message 99 of 136
Alumni

I haven't seen anything in the pipeline around this request yet. We'll update the thread once we learn more. 

@wildheartbrew

Justin
Message 100 of 136

IMG_2305.JPG

Message 101 of 136

Hello, I am having the same issue. It used to be there and now is no longer there. The option is selected on my dashboard for my customers to be able to leave a note but at checkout it is not popping up at all no matter what the payment type is. Can someone please help with this issue? I think it may be a glitch on your guys end. Thanks!

Message 102 of 136

Hi @lounge228 and welcome to the Community.

Did you check @Goldneye's first answer to make sure this is checked to be on in settings for you?

Her post lists the steps on how to make sure it's enabled so it'd be best to check there to make sure you have that option enabled first.

Ashley C
Message 103 of 136

Yes, even with the "allow customers to leave a note for sellers" option selected the space to leave a note does not appear if customers use apple pay, google pay, or if they have selected to save their information for a future faster checkout.

Message 104 of 136

Hmm I have my card information saved and can see it on my local coffee shop's checkout page so that's odd. @escausey.

I'd recommend giving our direct E-Comm CS team a call to see if there's an existing issue for this. If there is, they can add your name to the ticket and follow up once it's fixed.

Ashley C
Message 105 of 136