x

How can I ensure that the Add to Cart button is available so that customers can order online?

I recently upgraded my phone to iPhone 13 mini, and also took the new iOS update to 15.0.2. I am now unable to add any items to my cart when accessing my online Square store from both Safari and Chrome on iOS. My customers are reporting the same issue when using their mobile iOS devices.

Everything else on the site works fine, but when you try to add an item, the Add to Cart button is disabled (even though the button reflects the cost of the item you've selected to add). Very frustrating and driving more telephone calls to us since people can't order online. 

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Online Store not allowing add to cart on iOS (15.0.2)

Message 1 of 6
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

This was not a bug after all - the issue was with whether Local Delivery or Store Pick-up was selected on the item page (at the bottom). It defaulted to Local Delivery as the fulfillment option and because I did not have an address entered, the Add to Cart button was disabled.

Once I switched to Store Pick-up, the Add to Cart button became available.
Thank you to Square Online Support for sleuthing this out.

See the examples in the screenshots below.
Note that once a delivery address is added, the Add to Cart button works (when choosing Local Delivery for fulfillment).

IMG_C6EB8020B75F-1.jpeg

IMG_6507.PNGIMG_6506.PNG

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Best Answer

This was not a bug after all - the issue was with whether Local Delivery or Store Pick-up was selected on the item page (at the bottom). It defaulted to Local Delivery as the fulfillment option and because I did not have an address entered, the Add to Cart button was disabled.

Once I switched to Store Pick-up, the Add to Cart button became available.
Thank you to Square Online Support for sleuthing this out.

See the examples in the screenshots below.
Note that once a delivery address is added, the Add to Cart button works (when choosing Local Delivery for fulfillment).

IMG_C6EB8020B75F-1.jpeg

IMG_6507.PNGIMG_6506.PNG

Message 2 of 6
Alumni

Wow, @angelinasdeli! 🥪

Thanks for providing this solution - I've gone ahead and marked this as a Best Answer as it may help others.

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 3 of 6

I am having the same issue with no 'add to cart' button and for the life of me, I cannot find how to change my settings to fix this issue

Ellen Dawson
Message 4 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Hello there, @ellyartink 

First of all, welcome to the Seller Community. Sorry to hear you are here because of trouble. I just want to confirm if you tried @angelinasdeli suggestion. If that didn't help let me know so I can investigate this further.

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 6

A nice lady in chat helped me figure it out and I 'think' it's all good! I'm enjoying putting my site together! Thanks for checking up on me, JJ!

Ellen Dawson
Message 6 of 6