x

How can I give my employees/team members access to my Square Online site?

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Online Store Access for Multiple Users]

Ever since Square migrated our online store to the Weebly platform, only one single user account has access to it, which happens to be the owner's account (and whom doesn't do any of the online store work). We didn't have this issue before because anyone given 'admin' rights to our Square store had access to update and publish things in the Online Store as well.

Now when anyone other than the owner account tries to access the online store, you get a 'permissions error'. We'd be happy to change the permissions settings if such a setting exists?

Ticket opened with Square, but no solution yet. Can't believe necessary access is revoked with zero forewarning of such critical changes. 

Do other online store users have this same limitation where only one, solitary user is allowed access to the 'new' online store?

Message 1 of 72
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @Wine_Master, @vickyaustin, @Eyesoftheworld and thread! 🎉 

I'm pleased to announce that we now have the ability to grant team members access to the Square Online, without providing full access:

I know this was a long awaited feature request, so I'm happy to announce it's here! Let me know if you have any questions about this 💡

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!

View Best Answer >

Message 65 of 72
71 REPLIES 71
Admin

Hey @Wine_Master

Thanks for your post. I went ahead and reached out to our internal Online Store team. They were able to make an adjustment to your account, so that admins can log into the new Square Online Store powered by Weebly now.

Please confirm that this change has been made successfully by replying back in this thread. Just to make this clear, this is not a widely available feature, just an exception we've made for accounts that need this enabled to run their business. I look forward to hearing from you. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 2 of 72

@isabelle  thank you for having Support look at this. We've been trying to have this fixed and zero luck.

Our admins still lack access to the online store and receive the 'insufficient permissions' error, so this still needs fixed. 

Not sure why access was reduced when the move to Weebly happened nor why this was not communicated to Square users?

Message 3 of 72
Admin

Hey @Wine_Master!

Apologies on my end. Would you mind trying to have your Admins access the Online Store again? I think I got it right this time. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 4 of 72

@isabelle  I had one of the admins try it and he was able to get to the online store. Thank you for addressing it.

Still not sure why our needs are an exception? I find it hard to believe no other Square users require more than one person to add/change things in the online store.

Message 5 of 72
Admin

Hey @Wine_Master!

You're welcome! I think it has to do with the relationship between Team Management and Square Online Store. We have yet to develop a permission for Online Store access, so in the meantime, we're providing this fix based on need.

Hopefully I'll have an update on what we plan to do for this in the future soon. Thanks for your patience! 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 6 of 72

Hey @isabelle ,

I am needing a team member to be able to access my online store. Can you help?

Message 7 of 72
Admin

Hey @SouthernHarts!

I have reached out to the appropriate team to see if your Admins can have access to your Online Store. 

I will confirm once I hear back from them. I would suggest adding those you want to have access to your Online Store as admins in the meantime. Thanks for your patience! 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 8 of 72

@isabelle  Thank you! & per your suggestion, I have added her as an admin.  🙂 

Message 9 of 72
Admin

Hey @SouthernHarts.

Thanks for your patience 😊.

Can you have your admin try to access your Square Online Store?

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 10 of 72

@isabelle Thank you so much! She is in!

Message 11 of 72
Beta Member

When giving someone these permissions, would they be able to see our numbers with the full access required?  I don't want my marketing team to see our sales. 

Message 12 of 72
Beta Member

Yes, they will have access to your financials. This is why many of us continue to do the work of other people and can't take a day off. 

Message 13 of 72

@isabelle I also need to give access to our online store to a couple employees, can you help me with this? Thank you!

Message 14 of 72
Admin

Take a look at my best answer in this thread. Hope that helps @jamiecasady

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 15 of 72
Beta Member

Hello! I see there were issues granting team members access to the online WEEBLY store app. I am still having trouble with this. I've tried creating a manager permission set with online access, that did not work. I then made them admins with online access, that also did not work. Can someone please help with this. I need managers to be able to access the online store but not have full access to see my entire sales history. 

Message 16 of 72
Square Community Moderator

Hey @kellytay

If you continue to experience the same issue and none of the suggestions in this thread have helped, please contact our Customer Success Team so they can walk you through additional troubleshooting steps. We'd be happy to look into this further. 

Thank you.

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 17 of 72

Hi, Isabelle_ -

This is a big, big, big problem for us too.  So much so that we will begin to switch to a different online and in-store platform if this doesn't get solved by the end of August 2020.  We cannot afford to have all of our employees that are fulfilling orders to have access to all of our owner dashboard information.

If possible could you please make and adjustment to our account as well to allow admin's Square Online Store access?

Thank you

Message 18 of 72
Admin

💥 Hey everyone!

Just wanted to post an update on this issue. Moving forward, any team members or admins who have the 'full access' option will now have access to the Square Online site.

ink (35).png

The ability to provide a team member with access to the Online Store and not 'full access' is currently a feature request. I will post updates here as I receive them.

Thanks for your patience! 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 19 of 72

I want certain Team members to have access to the online store functions but I Do Not want them to have full access to all of my business data.  Please let me select the permissions for those employees.  The online store requires "Full Access" - not good.

Message 20 of 72
Beta Member

I want a staff member to be able to view shipping orders and print labels. I DO NOT want them to have full access to my online store and sales data. 

When is this going to be corrected so we can apply limited permissions to let my people do their work? 

-Vicky

Message 21 of 72