x
Beta Member

How can I transfer my domain to Square?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original.

Hi tranguyen

www.buenasburritos.co.uk

Whilst your there, I looked at option of transferring my domain to square so that this would become my default host. However, I had a message saying thats its not possible to transfer from my host (IONOS UK).

Is there a way round this? Currently paying monthly premium to IONOS which is a waste if I can run whole site on square.

Message 1 of 4
Report Inappropriate Content
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hey @BuenasBurritos, at the moment, it isn't possible to transfer a .co.uk domain to Square. However, you should be able to connect the domain with your Square website so customer will be directed there when they click on the link. This article should have all the information you need to connect your domain. 

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

Thanks tranguyen

Already have a connecting link in place. I'm caught between a rock and a hard place at present - Square has the better shop functionality and my other site has the domain. Seems pointless having the other site when I can operate all the functions I need with Square - its just I want to keep the domain I have.

Message 3 of 4
Admin

I completely understand and I wish there are more we can do in this situation but unfortunately, we cannot support incoming transfers for .co.uk domains right now. If there is an update, I'll be sure to share it in this thread. 

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 4 of 4