x

How do I add a blog to my existing website?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: What happened to the blog feature?

Why can I not add a blog to my existing website? I have searched other topics and see articles by Weebly and others indicating just to add the page and choose blog. Did something change recently? I noticed something called "stories" but that seems like a very poor choice for starting a blog.

Message 1 of 46
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Is there an option to add a blog?

Hi @Ronin! Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Seller Community. 

You can engage with new and existing buyers by creating Stories in Square Online. Stories work just like blogs, where you can highlight a new item, suggest a recipe, or provide personal updates to your site visitors.

Each Story is an individual post that is automatically displayed on your site’s Stories Overview page. Your visitors can then share those Stories to their social media accounts using the built-in sharing buttons.

To add Stories to your site:

1. Go to your Square Online site editor, and select the +Add button.
  2. Select Page from the menu. Then choose Stories Overview, and select Add to create the new page.
  3. Select Create a new story to start your first post.
  4. Select the page to begin editing the text, and use the options in the sidebar to customize the appearance of the post.
  5. When finished, select Publish to make your Story go live.

Learn more about creating Stories in Square Online.

2 Best Answers
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hey! There are a few ways you can do this, but if you want to use Square's Stories feature, you can do this by adding a new page, selecting Page, then scrolling down to select Story.

Let me know if this helps. 🙂

This article was updated by a moderator in December 2020 to include a link to our Support Center article

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 25 of 46

Best Answer

@deercreekfarm Thanks for asking. Since we have merged our Online Store with Weebly, you can make use of a lot of blogging tools for your Online Store. If you already have a blog up, you can link your blog to the existing posts by following the instructions in this help article.

Another option you have is to add a page to navigation and link to an external url as seen below:

Let me know if you have any other questions!

AshleyK

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 46
45 REPLIES 45

Is it possible to use my Weebly website, currently set up to sell items, as a Blog instead?

Message 22 of 46

Hi @SupMan - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community.

I went ahead and moved your post to an existing thread where other sellers have asked the same question. Please see the post marked as Best Answer from ASHLEYK - one of our Square Community Moderators.

I hope this information is helpful but please do let us know if you have any additional questions.

Violet
Message 23 of 46

Since we are using Weebly for the online store, is it possible to start a blog with Weebly and integrate it to my online store? Or do I have to start a blog in another website and embed the link to the page? I wanted all to look neat and I dont like clients bouncing around pages. If I have to do it in another website and embed the link, could you recommend a good blogging website that does not drive you insane with ads? Thank you! 

Message 24 of 46

Best Answer

Hey! There are a few ways you can do this, but if you want to use Square's Stories feature, you can do this by adding a new page, selecting Page, then scrolling down to select Story.

Let me know if this helps. 🙂

This article was updated by a moderator in December 2020 to include a link to our Support Center article

AshleyK
Message 25 of 46

I dont know how I never got an email notification about this but I didn't know that. Thank you! So basically I can start a blog using that page ? 

Message 26 of 46
Alumni

Yep! You can follow the step-by-step instructions outline on this page to get started, @yalimillan 

Valentina
Message 27 of 46

This is a very simple question that nobody seems intelligent enough to answer...

How do I add a Weebly blog to my existing Square e-commerce site...

HOLD UP... before you say "add a Stories page"...

A STORIES PAGE IS NOT A BLOG!

A true interactive blog is we are doing right now - visitors can post comments, "like" posts, leave comments to other visitors, and upload an avaton pic of themselves. THIS is a blog!

So where's the Weebly blog template? Post the link and do not send me to that help menu again!

-Paul

Message 28 of 46
Beta Member

This link https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/206543727 is absolutely no help because I don't see anything it says anywhere on the account, or on anything belonging to the website. I'm using the free version, so is that causing an issue? 

I am so frustrated. This was supposed to be easier than woocommerce, and I can't use wix without paying monthly (I don't have the money right now due to covid). 

Can people comment on what I write? 

Thanks. 

Melissa Gillespie
Owner and Creator
Silver Branch Soapworks
silverbranchsoapworks@gmail.com
Message 29 of 46

Hi @MelissaCG I'm sorry that this has been so frustrating for you. I've merged your post with an existing thread in which I outline briefly how to add a blog to your Online Store. You will need to add a new page, then select "story." Thanks!

AshleyK
Message 30 of 46

Is it possible to add a comment section to story/blog posts?

Message 31 of 46
Admin

Hey @kctravel! You can't add comments but like a few sellers mention above here, you can add a messenger button. Feel free to tag any of the sellers above if you need some help!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 32 of 46

It seems to me that there are enough people that want a blog with a comment section instead of stories. Stories is not a viable option because there is no comment section. Can weebly/square please put the blog option in for users. Please!!!

Message 33 of 46

Get a Weebly blog like I did for my existing webs

Message 34 of 46

LISTEN UP! I had this same problem. Just sign in to weebly.com and select the "blog" theme. It's free and yes visitors can leave comments, like the post, and share.

I have a Weebly blog connected to my Square website.

REMEMBER ONE IMPORTANT THING: You have to get a totally different email address for your blog when you sign up for Weebly... the email can't be the same one you use for Square. I even have videos my visitors watch. Check it out:

www.mydrugaddictionbook.com

Message 35 of 46
Beta Member

But what if we wanted to add an established blog outside of Square to our website, how do we do that?

Message 36 of 46

Hey there, @

Welcome back! It's always nice to see a friendly face in the Community. 

Adding your existing blog is definitely possible with your Square Online site.

Check out the Best Answer by AshleyK in this thread to see the exact steps to get it added. 

I moved your post in this thread, just in case you wanted any tips from other sellers in a similar position. 

Thank you!

Kassi
Message 37 of 46

What if we are building a new site and want to add a new blog to the current site? Is this possible? I dont see an option anywhere

Message 38 of 46

Hi @krystallast - Welcome to The Seller Community, it's always nice to see a new face 😊

Great Question.

Story pages let you add unique content to your Square Online website that can bring in more traffic and keep visitors engaged - much like a blog post. Use Stories to talk about your business, highlight new items for sale, suggest recipes, or share personal updates - the possibilities are practically unlimited.

Add a Stories Overview Page

The Stories Overview is a dynamic page that displays links to individual stories on your website. When you create a new story, it’s automatically added to the overview page, with the most recent stories at the top. The overview page is customizable and can include other sections in addition to the stories list.

To add a Stories Overview page:

1. In your Square Online site editor, select +Add > Page.

2. Choose Stories overview, and uncheck the box if you don’t want this page in your navigation menu.

3. Select Add to create the page.

sos-stories-overview-options

After saving, you’ll see the new page in the editor with the page sections sidebar on the left. Hover over the items in the list to see the corresponding section highlighted on your site. Select any item in the list to view and edit options.

The Stories overview page contains the following sections:

• Header: This is the header for your entire website, including the navigation menu. Changes made here will apply to all pages on your website.

• Stories banner: The banner image at the top of the Stories overview page. Click to open and edit the layout, text, background image, and more. You can hide this section from the page by clicking the "..." button.

• List of Stories: Click here to open and edit the options for the stories list.

• Footer: This the footer for your entire website. Changes you make here will appear on all pages.

• Add Section: Add more sections to the Stories overview page.

Select the gear icon to edit the settings for the page, make the page your homepage, or delete the page.

Learn more here.

As always, feel free to stop by The Community with question, concerns and even feature requests. We are more than happy to assist.

Ria
Message 39 of 46

I'm looking to create a blog with categories, tags, RSS, and other normal blog functions. I do not see these capabilities in the "stories" options available on my square site. I do see a help article listing these options https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/7308-blog-categories, how do I access these functions? It looks like it is a weebly site versus a square site, how can I change mine? Thanks.

Message 40 of 46

I would love to be able to save my blog template so I don’t have to start from scratch every time I write a new blog post. 

Message 41 of 46

Hi @AndreasV - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community with your suggestion. I see this is one of your first posts here so additionally, I'd like to welcome you to our Community! 🥳

I went ahead and merged your post to an existing thread where other Square Sellers and our Moderators have been discussing using blogs on the Square Online Store. Perhaps our moderator @ASHLEYK could offer more insight into your request for us 🙂

Violet
Message 42 of 46